PacketVideo is the leading innovator of multimedia software for the mobile industry. We provide embedded multimedia entertainment and communications software for mobile phones, with more than 120 design wins for more than 45 million PV-powered handsets. The company*s software enables mobile phone users to watch live TV, to stream, download and play digital music and video, to take Products powered by PacketVideo technology include Verizon*s V-CAST to name one.
PacketVideo’s global leadership is proven by strong relationships with mobile operators, dominance in design wins, and the millions of PacketVideo-powered multimedia phones shipped in markets around the world. PacketVideo was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in San Diego, Calif.
We provide embedded multimedia entertainment and communications software for mobile phones, with more than 120 design wins for more than 45 million PV-powered handsets. The company’s software enables mobile phone users to watch live TV, to stream, download and play digital music and video, to take Products powered by PacketVideo technology include Verizon’s V-CAST to name one.
PacketVideo was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in San Diego, Calif.
For more information, visit www.pv.com.
Sr. Engineering Manager
• Manage and grow an existing team of highly skilled embedded software development engineers
• Manage the scheduling and release of major internal core software milestones, including design, development, test and release targets
• Grow and improve application of internal processes to the quality of software deliverables
• Collaborate with other managers on the efficient use of engineering resources within and across programs
• Manage the development of new features in the core client software architecture or PV
• Actively collaborate with Engineering/Sales/Finance teams to scope and estimate embedded program initiatives.
• Via an established program lifecycle methodology, ensure the internal software deliveries meets technical goals within requirement scope, schedule and budget constraints.
• Have the necessary problem solving skills to effectively mitigate risks and communicate plans of actions to senior management.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to the Engineering team.
• Solve technical execution problems working directly with technical lead and junior engineers.
• Requires the ability to meet high expectations and make a difference in a fast-paced, ever-evolving start-up environment.
• BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
• MBA or MS highly desirable.
• 7-10 years experience in the wireless industry, at least 4 of which includes direct resource management and significant project management.
• Working knowledge of wireless multimedia, networking protocols, C/C++ development. Embedded applications development for consumer products.
Highly desirable are the following:
• Experience with SDKs utilizing WinCE, Symbian and Linux, and HW platforms including ARM and OMAP.
• Experience interfacing with international customers in either Europe or Asia.
PacketVideo offers an exceptional work environment, competitive salaries and a great benefit package.
To apply, please send your resume indicating position of interest and salary requirements to:
listing jobs Packet Video San Diego California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.