MobiTV: Senior J2ME Mobile Handset Developer, Emeryville, CA
Senior Mobile Handset Developer for MobiTV
TV & Radio Streaming on Mobile Phones!
MobiTV, Inc. (formerly known as Idetic, Inc.) is the first global mobile television and radio service provider targeted at reaching the 2 billion mobile phone users worldwide. The MobiTV® service is available in the US through Sprint, Cingular and several regional carriers; in the United Kingdom through 3 and Orange UK; and is now available to Canadian customers through Bell Canada, Rogers and TELUS Mobility. The Emmy® Award winning service now reaches more than a million subscribers and offers many popular TV channels from content providers such as MSNBC, ABC News Now, CNN, Fox News, Fox Sports, ESPN 3GTV, MLB, NBC Mobile, CNBC, CSPAN, The Discovery Channel, TLC, The Weather Channel and others that deliver cartoons, music videos and comedy. MobiTV also has a full line up of geographically specific channels. Founded in 1999, MobiTV is a privately-held company.
MobiTV has an amazing corporate culture, where Innovation and creativity are highly rewarded. All our offers include a competitive salary, a sizable stock option grant & quarterly bonuses. We also offer the best benefits around which include, full Medical/Dental immediately, 3 weeks vacation from the start, $6,000/year for continuing education, many catered lunches and relocation funds if needed. We are very Pro Employees here!
As a Senior J2ME Developer:
You will be responsible for extending MobiTV’s compatibility to wireless networks all over the world and evolving the product to stay one step ahead of the competition. Handset developers work on the core component of MobiTV service – making handsets work with MobiTV! Develop company’s next generation products with cool new features with the idea of making our applications portable to a variety of devices so they can be deployed all over the world.
• Design, Develop and implement features of MobiTV and MobiRadio products on a variety of handsets.
• Write design specifications and communicate designs to the team at large.
• Design and implement features to work on resource constrained mobile handsets.
• Conduct performance analysis via the use of profiling tools and optimize code to improve application performance.
• Work closely with the Product Management team on feature definition and QA team to correct product defects and assist QA engineers in the testing.
• Work closely with Engineering Management to plan project schedules, allocate tasks, provide status updates and review code.
• Work closely with Operations team to ensure successful deployment of releases.
• Work closely with OEMs and customers in identifying issues with their handsets
• Assist the Support and Sales teams with the investigation and resolution of customer issues
• Implement best engineering practices to make MobiTV best in class engineering organization
• Senior level experience programming in Java and J2ME
• Experience working with constrained devices and platforms is a must
• Experience working with XML and multi-media applications is desirable
• Experienced in object oriented and independent design of applications or systems
• J2MEUnit, Junit, regression testing, performance analysis, profiling and benchmarking is preferr
• Experience with Linux and networking protocols such as TCP/IP is desirable
• Experience as a team leader with strong technical, leadership and interpersonal skills desirable
• Strong time-management, ability to multitask and manage delivery of MobiTV and MobiRadio applications on several handsets simultaneously
• Solid communication skills and attention to detail
• Creative problem solving skills and independent thinking
• Must be enthusiastic and work well with others
This is really a unique opportunity and the timing to join couldn’t be better!
Come join us in developing Next Generation mobile technologies that will continue to lead and drive the industry!
To be considered immediately, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
listing jobs MobiTV 94608 Emeryville California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.