Manager, Mobile Devices
Handsets are the core vehicle to deliver VMU’s branded experience to the customer, and in turn, the accessories are a key driver that augments the handsets. In other words—no handsets/accessories, means no Virgin Mobile! This position sits on the front lines of projecting the VMU brand both with our supplier partners and our customers as VMU strives to deliver a compelling experience on the mobile device front. A ton of external relationship management with both handset and accessory vendors is at the heart of the job. You will also have the ability to create special edition handsets and accessories for specific marketing programs.
The Mobile Devices Manager will team to define the handset roadmap, work with handset OEM’s, and communicate market trends within the organization. You are responsible for the overall direction of the VMU accessory program, including complete ownership of the indirect program at retail and responsibility for working with the sales and marketing teams in ensuring the direct channel is equipped with all the right accessories in support of the handset lineup.
• Key in this position is exceptional interpersonal skills, as the success of this position is largely determined by the ability to work closely with others and gain their buy-in with often difficult requests. Additionally, you must be able to raise flags and clearly articulate any gaps.
• Come with 5+ years of experience in the wireless industry with an understanding of products and channel distribution with special emphasis on handsets and accessories.
• You’ll need a broad understanding of handset technologies, feature-set trade-offs, and be able to synthesize roadmap information for internal/external entities.
• You will have the ability to wear a ‘buyers’ hat, and be attentive to the details.
• You should also have project management experience.
• A technical background can only help here as well!
• You must be highly energized, and enjoy engaging others. Independent thinkers who can reach his/her own conclusions in a quick and reasoned manner is really what’s needed here.
• You should be able to deftly drive decision making to ensure that products and projects move forward in a simple yet business savvy way.
About our Team
Being a Virgin company, you can be sure we’re different. Our teams work hard, but we enjoy what we do. We’re always on the lookout for talented performers to add to our team. Joining our company is not for the “faint at heart” we work harder than the average cog at one of those monolithic and slow companies things here happen at the speed of light in a lean and hungry environment that is not a fit for everyone. You should enjoy a faced-paced joint with super-smart people who stop at nothing to provide customers with quality, value, innovation, and edgy fun.
Our competitive pay comes with Annual Bonus; fully vested 401K match; Paid Vacation; Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage; Disability, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance; Health Care, Dependent Care & Transportation FSA. Start your job with a Cool new Virgin Mobile phone and Top up $$ to enjoy the experience. You also get Virgin group benefits like discounts on Virgin Atlantic & Virgin Megastore!
For details and to apply, visit: http://virginmobileusa.hrdpt.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=491
Want to know more? Visit www.virginmobileusa.com
Virgin Mobile is an Equal Opportunity Employer
listing jobs Virgin Mobile Walnut Creek California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.