EA Mobile: J2ME Software Engineer, Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Software Engineer – J2ME
Location: EA MOBILE, Los Angeles, CA
Electronic Arts (EA) MOBILE is the world’s leading publisher of interactive Mobile entertainment software for cell phones, smart phones, and advanced handheld devices. With the worldwide market rapidly approaching 1 billion handsets, how would you like to join a team committed to staying at the bleeding edge of interactive entertainment? EA Mobile is a true leader within the EA family, with the business model that dominates the wireless entertainment market.
Responsible for developing porting and deploying J2ME mobile applications.
• Implement and port various wireless client applications.
• Act as a liaison between third-party developers and internal build engineers to resolve minor build issues
• Provide technical assistance and resolve development issues with third-party developers.
• Configuration and maintenance of the development environment and application-server software.
• Analysis of project and identify its scope and schedule.
• Perform code audits and maintain code quality
• 2+ years of professional experience with Java software/application programming
• 1+ years of professional experience within gaming industry preferred
• 1+ year of professional experience with J2ME preferred
• Proficiency in Java and C/C++
• Experience with source control and build software, such as CVS, SVN, and ANT.
• Thorough knowledge of software design concepts, such as object-oriented programming, common design patterns/algorithms, and development lifecycles
• Ability to multi-task
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
About EA Los Angeles (EALA)
EALA is the creative destination for game development in Southern California. The studio drives innovation in technology, art, and game design by employing a first-class studio of game makers from game and film industry talent at its campus in Playa Vista, CA. EALA is also home to EA’s Worldwide Music group and EA Mobile. The studio has created some of the most successful and best-known intellectual properties in computer/videogame history.
If your qualifications and interest align with the above then “Get in the Game” and log on to
http://jobs.ea.com/pljb/ElectronicArts/United_States/applicant/jobClick.jsp?count=1&id=4311 While you’re there, you can set up a career agent, search additional opportunities, and even create your own candidate profile. EOE M/F/D/V.
EA…It’s in the game.
Interested yet? Good. We’re pretty sure you’ll want to know we offer one of the most generous benefits packages around including great benefits like 3 weeks of Paid Time Off, an onsite arcade and a company matched 401(k) retirement plan, casual work environment, and a host of other perks. Our high-spirited, entrepreneurial environment offers substantial growth and opportunity to those who desire a fast-paced, technology driven environment.
Please let us know if you found us through mobilewirelessjobs.com!
listing jobs Electronic Arts (EA) MOBILE 90094 Los Angeles California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.