Company: Fox Interactive Media/Scout.com
Group / Lead Program Manager
Scout.com, the online presence of Scout Media, is a network of more than 300 college, professional and high school team, recruiting and expert Web site affiliates operating on a single technical and business infrastructure. Scout.com also syndicates network content through partnerships with the world’s largest media companies, including FOXSports.com, SI.com, Sportsline.com, and the glossy monthly magazines of Scout Publishing. Based in Seattle, Wash., Scout.com is the leading online network of niche content, independent websites.
Do you want your work to really make a difference? How would you like to play a key part in bringing consumer-driven sports, news and community to the Net? Are you interested in technologies for content management, boards/blogs, e-commerce, and transactional systems, all supporting extreme traffic demands? It won’t be easy. This role requires ingenuity, persistence, and insight. Do you have those qualities?
As Lead Program Manager you’ll play a critical role at Scout.com, a unit of Fox Interactive Media. You’ll develop a deep understanding of customer needs and desires and translate them into actionable plans and functional specs. On the implementation end, you’ll prioritize and deliver on those features, working closely with software development, testing, designers, management, affiliate publishers, tech support, and more. We’re growing, so you should also have some experience managing others.
Successful program managers typically have a software development background. This technical expertise is blended with evangelism, customer empathy, conflict negotiation skills, and a passion for driving projects through to completion.
You’ll join a top-notch technology team to bring our goals to life. Scout.com is a fun place to work, and many days it doesn’t even feel like work – come talk to us!
• Love working in teams.
• 3-6 years experience in a program management or related role. Have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specs, and coordinating feature team efforts.
• Experience building software for the Internet (client/server and database).
• Enjoy contributing to both back-end system designs as well as user interface design.
• Solid knowledge of SQL and database structures, including ability to query large volumes of data and understand/opine on performance issues.
• Ability to create strong, clear documentation that is actionable by others.
• Excellent data and analytical skills with ability to translate analysis into actionable insights which can be easily understood and utilized by the entire organization.
• Experience defining projects, writing detailed functional specs, and coordinating team efforts.
• Have worked through at least one full product life cycle – you’ve “shipped” something!
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• A technical B.S. degree, or equivalent experience is required.
We offer competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes health/dental and paid vacation, holiday and sick/personal leave. We are a casual dress environment. EOE.
Scout.com is based in downtown Seattle, WA near the historic Pike Place Market with easy freeway and bus access from all points..
To apply, please send your resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements, to: AnissaAnne@gmail.com
listing jobs Scout Seattle Washington USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.