Job Title: Multiple .NET Developers – Seattle
Description: Sr. Net Developer / MYSPACE.COM
Social Networking is one of the hottest sectors on the web in recent years. MySpace.com has emerged as the definitive leader in this space and is the highest trafficked site on the Internet in less than two years since launch. (comScore Media Metrix – May Page Views). We were acquired one year ago by News Corporation and are now a division of Fox Interactive Media which includes Fox.com, Foxsports.com and a host of other internet assets. MySpace has 300 employees and is in rapid growth mode. We are the fastest growing internet company in history. We currently have 130 million users with 320,000 new users signing up per day.
Our users use MySpace to meet friends, find and listen to new bands/music, blog, plan events, play games, and participate in user forums and groups. MySpace, has revolutionized the way people interact and plan their social lives.
MySpace.com is currently growing at a tremendous pace and is looking to bring in highly qualified .Net developers in Seattle. We are predominantly a Microsoft shop with most applications written in ASP.Net and C#. We have over 3000 servers running Windows 2003/SQL/Linux. We are one of the largest .Net development sites in the country and are on the cutting edge in terms of technological utilization. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone who wants a casual, fast paced environment and the ability to take their development knowledge and innovation to the next level. Below are some of the requirements.
The .NET Team at MySpace.com focuses on performance and scalability to a degree that most developers have never had a chance to experience.
• 2-4+ years of solid C# experience
• 2-4+ years of ASP.NET (and the .NET 1.1 Framework) experience
• 2-4+ years of experience developing with SQL Server 2000 (including stored procedures)
• Strong knowledge of .NET Remoting (including HTTP and TCP/IP) and UDP
• A solid foundation in n-tier, Business Objects, Design Patterns, and general OOP
• Strong knowledge (and wisdom) of IIS6 and it’s internals
• Experience on sites under heavy loads that require meticulous attention to coding practices as they relate to performance and scalability
Preferred but not required Experience:
• Microsoft Pattern and Practice Team’s Enterprise Application Blocks
• Agile Software Development (including Extreme Programming)
• Microsoft Application Center Test
• Visual Studio 2005 (including Team System)
• ASP.NET 2.0, ADO.NET 2.0, AJAX (Atlas), and the .NET 2.0 Framework
• SQL Server 2005 feature set, enhancements, and changes that effect developers
MySpace offers an exciting work environment with plenty of opportunities for career advancement. We offer a competitive salary, industry standard benefit package, and an attractive incentive program. MySpace is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements, to: AVarnell@MySpace.com
listing jobs MySpace Seattle Washington USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.