Sr. JVM Software Engineer
This is a great opportunity to join an amazing company with a great environment, state of the art technology and very exciting too! The executive team are proven leaders in the field and have come from companies including Leapfrog, Palm, HP etc. Please forward your most current resume and I will call you right back and give you more details. We have multiple positions are are always looking for Sr. Engineers from the mobile /consumer electronics industry.
We are seeking a strong Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for developing the Java Virtual Machine for our groundbreaking pentop platform. This person will be responsible for all aspects of the Java runtime environment – customizing and tuning the JVM to address performance issues, manage resources and develop runtime services for our unique platform requirements. Prior experience developing and/or customizing JVMs for a resource constrained platform is essential as is an excellent knowledge of both Java and C.
• Develop, modify, and tune the JVM to perform optimally for a RTOS, ARM9 based pentop computer.
• Identify and tune performance bottlenecks.
• Provide resource management and runtime capabilities for our unique platform requirements.
• Provide interfaces to the display, and audio subsystems and the underlying RTOS.
• Provide functional test software for quality assurance and possibly manufacturing.
• 7 or more years of experience with Java programming. 5 or more years of experience with C.
• Experience developing and customizing Java Virtual Machines in a J2ME environment.
• Strong understanding of operating systems theory – resource management, prioritization, thread management, event management, etc.
• Knowledge of GCC tool chain, Linux, RTOS, Signal Processing, and file systems a plus.
• Use of good software design practices, patterns, and tools.
• BA/BS or higher in Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org I will get back to you right away to discuss the details.
Your resume will be confidential and never be sent out without your approval.
We are hiring for many other positions including…
• QA Engineer
• Software Engineering Lead- Quality
• Sr. J2ME/ Brew Engineers
• Sr. Java Applications Engineers
• Pen Applications Engineers
• Multiple PM positions
• Firmware Engineers ( RTOS )
Please visit www.tanrg.com to see more details
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
listing jobs Tandem Recruiting Group Oakland California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.