Manager, Mobile Devices
Business Unit: Handset Planning
Job Level: Manager
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Employment Type: Full Time Regular
Travel Required: 20-30%
Handsets are the core vehicle to deliver VMU’s branded experience to the customer, and in turn, the accessories are a key driver that augments the handsets. In other words—no handsets/accessories, means no Virgin Mobile! This position sits on the front lines of projecting the VMU brand both with our supplier partners and our customers as VMU strives to deliver a compelling experience on the mobile device front. A ton of external relationship management with both handset and accessory vendors is at the heart of the job. You will also have the ability to create special edition handsets and accessories for specific marketing programs.
The Mobile Devices Manager will team to define the handset roadmap, work with handset OEM’s, and communicate market trends within the organization. You are responsible for the overall direction of the VMU accessory program, including complete ownership of the indirect program at retail and responsibility for working with the sales and marketing teams in ensuring the direct channel is equipped with all the right accessories in support of the handset lineup.
The three areas break down like this:
• Gathering, compiling data from vendors and then communicating to VMU cross-functional groups to develop the handset roadmap
• Communicate information with appropriate key internal and external constituents
• Based on cost, handset margin, subsidy, make recommendations to handset team and senior management on appropriate handset selections to help fill slots in the roadmap
• Coordinate ongoing supplier meetings, including vendor trade shows
• Manage all strategic supplier relations
• Manage special projects around creating special edition handsets
• Ensure that vendor responses are aligned with VMU Handset Requirements
Contract Management and Compliance
• Work with the Director/VP Mobile Devices to ensure the accuracy of and ongoing compliance with our vendor Master Purchase Agreements
Accessories Program Management
• Work with internal teams to determine the overall accessory strategy
• Responsible for end-to-end accessory business including sourcing, distribution and licensing agreements
• Work with key internal and external associates in launching new and innovative products targeted to the youth consumer segment
• Develop and present handset and accessory recommendations to senior leadership
• Track third party VMU licensing fees
• Launch accessories for direct channel launch
• Ensure accessories are available at retail for new product launches
Key in this position is exceptional interpersonal skills, as the success of this position is largely determined by the ability to work closely with others and gain their buy-in with often difficult requests. Additionally, you must be able to raise flags and clearly articlutate any gaps.
Come with 5+ years of experience in the wireless industry with an understanding of products and channel distribution with special emphasis on handsets and accessories. You’ll need a broad understanding of handset technologies, feature-set trade-offs, and be able to synthesize roadmap information for internal/external entities. You will have the ability to wear a ‘buyers’ hat, and be attentive to the details. You should also have project management experience. A technical background can only help here as well!
You must be highly energized, and enjoy engaging others. Independent thinkers who can reach his/her own conclusions in a quick and reasoned manner is really what’s needed here. You should be able to deftly drive decision making to ensure that products and projects move forward in a simple yet business savvy way.
Join America’s fastest growing youth wireless service. Join Virgin Mobile USA.
About our Team
Being a Virgin company, you can be sure we’re different. Our teams work hard, but we enjoy what we do. We’re always on the lookout for talented performers to add to our team. Joining our company is not for the “faint at heart” we work harder than the average cog at one of those monolithic and slow companies things here happen at the speed of light in a lean and hungry environment that is not a fit for everyone. You should enjoy a faced-paced joint with super-smart people who stop at nothing to provide customers with quality, value, innovation, and edgy fun.
Our competitive pay comes with Annual Bonus; fully vested 401K match; Paid Vacation; Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage; Disability, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance; Health Care, Dependent Care & Transportation FSA. Start your job with a Cool new Virgin Mobile phone and Top up $$ to enjoy the experience. You also get Virgin group benefits like discounts on Virgin Atlantic & Virgin Megastore!
For details and to apply, visit: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=VIRGINMOBILEUSA&cws=1&rid=43
Want to know more? Visit www.virginmobileusa.com
Virgin Mobile USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is eager to hire bright and talented folks of all shapes and sizes.
listing jobs Virgin Mobile Walnut Creek California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.