Walnut Creek, CA
The DBA Manager will provide tactical leadership in support of the introduction and ongoing evolution of technological capabilities and processes that facilitate data storage, audit and information exchange, reporting, metrics and analysis. This role is designed to expedite business response to changing market conditions and ensures compliance to IS standards.
You will push for maintaining our DB systems in top condition for our ever-evolving, mission critical, 24/7 environment and for the extraction of customer data metrics. You will incorporate these key learnings into the products/offers we develop in the future; and as a leader, you will be required to facilitate the understanding of the business objectives to the employees you mentor.
The position entails the following:
• Ensure operational responsiveness of the Oracle Database and support the Data Warehousing function including the generation of timely results that support high quality business decisions.
• Define and lead business critical and ad hoc database and data warehouse projects requiring direct interface with VMU corporate management and the application of an advanced understanding business processes and statistical modeling.
• Manage operational activities to support development, implementation and maintenance of the database including: data analysis and modeling, meta data definitions, extraction, transformation and information access; and set-up of knowledge communities.
• Manage a team of Oracle DBA’s, working closely with oracle developers, architects, ETL and BI experts
• Negotiate information management and technology requirements and deliverables with directors, managers, and user champions and ensure that data warehouse resources are deployed to meet commitments.
• Manage enterprise architecture planning and standards activities
• Ensure that VMU’s information and application access security policy is followed.
• Maintain the enterprise architecture strategy and technology plans.
• Monitor standards for the technical environment and proactively implement action plans to redirect non-conforming areas.
• Concurrently manage multiple technology initiatives.
• Assist the Director to provide consultation and advice to VMU’s management and Executive team on technology trends and issues as needed.
• Establish and ensure that quality standards for data warehouse output are maintained.
• Participate in the adoption of global standards and methodologies for software development.
You’ll need 7–10 years database experience, including specific management knowledge with enterprise database and data warehouse initiatives working with cross functional and offshore teams. Direct experience managing a small team of developers is a must.
Experience with project management, systems development life cycle, data or application architecture is needed and the ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects of significant size and complexity is key.
Its a big plus if you have experience with 2 or more of the following skills: Oracle 9i-10g DBA, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Oracle Portal, Oracle Discoverer, OWB, SAS and PL/SQL.
Join America’s fastest growing youth wireless service. Join Virgin Mobile USA.
About our Team
Being a Virgin company, you can be sure we’re different. Our teams work hard, but we enjoy what we do. We’re always on the lookout for talented performers to add to our team. Joining our company is not for the “faint at heart” we work harder than the average cog at one of those monolithic and slow companies things here happen at the speed of light in a lean and hungry environment that is not a fit for everyone. You should enjoy a faced-paced joint with super-smart people who stop at nothing to provide customers with quality, value, innovation, and edgy fun.
Our competitive pay comes with Annual Bonus; fully vested 401K match; Paid Vacation; Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage; Disability, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance; Health Care, Dependent Care & Transportation FSA. Start your job with a Cool new Virgin Mobile phone and Top up $$ to enjoy the experience. You also get Virgin group benefits like discounts on Virgin Atlantic & Virgin Megastore!
For details and to apply, visit: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=VIRGINMOBILEUSA&cws=1&rid=596
Want to know more? Visit www.virginmobileusa.com
Virgin Mobile USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is eager to hire bright and talented folks of all shapes and sizes.
listing jobs Virgin Mobile Walnut Creek California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.