Virgin Mobile: Sr Oracle Development DBA, Walnut Creek, CA
Sr. Oracle (Development) DBA
Business Unit: Information Technology – Operations
Job Level: Manager
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Employment Type: Full Time Regular
Travel Required: 01-10%
Come join Virgin Mobile USA–America’s coolest wireless service geared to the youth market. We take your ordinary handset and turn it into an entertainment device you can’t live without!
We’ve got a role for a Sr. Oracle DBA who thrives in a high availability, heavy transaction volume environment that is evolving each day as we add new products and services. This is a development DBA role, so make sure you are ready to roll up your sleeves and use your sharpest pl/sql skills. You will work with our Terabytes of data to manage call detail records, financial transactions and microbilling. At the same time, you will get a chance to be creative solving our day to day business requests. As Virgin Mobile adds more subscribers, this role will become more challenging and will require you to be at the leading edge of new technologies.
Be ready for these tasks that may also come your way:
• Install, upgrade and configure database software and tools Oracle, OEM, RMAN, Quest).
• Model data and design logical and physical database schema.
• Gather query requirements and research database structures to design and develop business intelligence solutions.
• Build and maintain application specific databases for Web services, ERP, CRM, Billing and other applications (BEA, Weblogic, JDEdwards, Siebel, Telcordia, Unimobile).
• Allocate storage structures, and create and modify database objects.
• Develop scripts, stored procedures, triggers and database software packages.
• Implement database backup and validate recovery plans.
• Design database security roles; enroll users and audit database security.
• Tune systems and applications. Provide capacity planning.
• Monitor database events, troubleshoot faults and resolve problems.
• Provide assistance with vendor’s technical support.
• Formulate and institute standards and procedures relating to database management.
• Follow change management policies to migrate corrections and enhancements though database environments.
• Coordinate with system administration and application development teams in matters such as sizing and application design.
• Provide back tier support for databases and applications. Participate in related application development or systems administration.
To succeed in this role, your technical qualifications must include strong knowledge of relational database concepts, database operations and internals, fluency in SQL and procedural SQL, shell scripting and application development or systems administration. To truly master the job, you’ll be multi-dimensional and have strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; collaborate with others at various levels of management in order to reach common goals; be an active listener, and a clear communicator. A training or mentoring background would be highly desirable. To be the ultimate candidate, personal qualifications would include a dedication to quality in products and services to meet or exceed customer expectations, the perseverance to complete assignments in the face of challenges or set backs and be motivated to learn.
To land this role, you’ll need 5+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA with recent years working with Ver 9i. Experience with Ver 10g is a big plus, but not required. Experience with ETL or BI tools will be a BIG plus. You must also have experience working with large sized OLTP Oracle databases sustaining heavy transaction volumes, requiring high availability and 24 x 7 support. You should thrive in start-up environments and be able to work with minimal supervision. You understand that innovative and creative companies are not 9-5 businesses, and you’re willing to put in the time to produce quality work. Prima donna’s and clock watchers need not apply.
Join America’s fastest growing youth wireless service. Join Virgin Mobile USA.
About our Team
Being a Virgin company, you can be sure we’re different. Our teams work hard, but we enjoy what we do. We’re always on the lookout for talented performers to add to our team. Joining our company is not for the “faint at heart” we work harder than the average cog at one of those monolithic and slow companies things here happen at the speed of light in a lean and hungry environment that is not a fit for everyone. You should enjoy a faced-paced joint with super-smart people who stop at nothing to provide customers with quality, value, innovation, and edgy fun.
Our competitive pay comes with Annual Bonus; fully vested 401K match; Paid Vacation; Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage; Disability, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance; Health Care, Dependent Care & Transportation FSA. Start your job with a Cool new Virgin Mobile phone and Top up $$ to enjoy the experience. You also get Virgin group benefits like discounts on Virgin Atlantic & Virgin Megastore!
For details and to apply, visit: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=VIRGINMOBILEUSA&cws=1&rid=56
Want to know more? Visit www.virginmobileusa.com
Virgin Mobile USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is eager to hire bright and talented folks of all shapes and sizes.
listing jobs Virgin Mobile Walnut Creek California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.