Senior Software Engineer – Windows Mobile Developer
iAnywhere Solutions, Inc., a Sybase Company
iAnywhere, a Sybase company, enables success at the front lines of business. The company holds worldwide market leadership positions in mobile and embedded databases, mobile management and security, mobile middleware and synchronization, and Bluetooth® and infrared protocol technologies. Tens of millions of mobile devices, millions of subscribers, and 20,000 customers and partners rely on the company’s “Always Available” technologies, including SQL Anywhere, Afaria, OneBridge, and the AvantGo® mobile Internet service. iAnywhere is a subsidiary of Sybase, Inc. (NYSE:SY). Visit www.ianywhere.com for more information.
This engineer will work on developing for Windows Mobile devices (eg. smart phones, pocket PCs, RIM BlackBerry, Palm OS, and others). Duties involve working on, or integrating with, emerging Internet technologies and components, utilizing C++ programming (including data structures), debugging tools, software management utilities and tools, networking in the Windows environment, process and thread synchronization, and development and delivery of new features.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s (BS / BSCS) and 5-7 years or Masters (MS / MSCS) and 4-6 years experience, as a minimum is required.
• 2+ years background experience using Windows, and object oriented design (C++) is a must.
• Windows Mobile development experience.
• Experience developing enterprise software for sale to large corporations.
• Experience developing for handheld devices (eg. smart phones, pocket PCs, Palm OS or RIM Blackberry, and others).
• Understanding of how product components use, and are used by, other components in the product.
• Applies sound technical experience, projects and past experience in estimating task size and duration.
• Demonstrated ability to write external functional specifications.
• Hands-on work developing communications level software for the RIM Blackberry, using J2ME, is a plus.
We have excellent benefits and a great work environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity with a leading company in the mobile device development business, please submit your resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Or apply online at: http://www.sybase.com/about_sybase/careers
An Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
listing jobs Sybase Alpharetta Georgia USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.