EA Mobile: Deployment Engineering Manager, Montreal, Canada
Deployment Engineering Manager
Electronic Arts (EA) Mobile is the world’s leading publisher of interactive Mobile entertainment software for cell phones, smart phones, and advanced handheld devices such as iPods. With the worldwide market rapidly approaching 1 billion handsets, how would you like to join a team committed to staying at the cutting edge of interactive entertainment? EA Mobile is a true leader within the EA family, with the business model that dominates the wireless entertainment market.
As a Deployment Engineering Manager at EA Mobile Montreal, you will be responsible for managing a porting team to ensure they have the proper plan, resources and information to deliver maximum quality in our titles to be launched worldwide. You will work closely with various teams including Development, Technology, Production and worldwide Deployment/QA to improve our efficiency, quality and time-to-market. You will be taking a leadership role at various stages of production, and more specifically from the beta phase to the continuous deployment of games on global handset launches and special projects.
• Review game specifications, complete technical analysis and control implementation to insure adequate balance between quality/time/cost of porting our products.
• Maintain, build and evolve the porting processes and systems (with Technology team).
• Drive and motivate team to deliver, provide leadership and mentoring in the programming/debugging tasks and coding standards.
• Perform administrative tasks: hiring/terminating, performance reviews and personnel issues.
• Directly responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures.
• Project Management or team leadership experience
• Strong multitasking, follow through, communication and organizational skills
• Hands-on experience with wireless technologies and devices, an asset
• Strong knowledge of C++ and Java.
• Strong skills in software design and OO concepts.
• Able to detect defects and bad software practices through code reviews and to propose improvements.
• Strong analysis and debugging skills.
• Focus on quality at all stages of production.
• Able to adapt to constrained software platforms.
• Able to adapt to a constrained schedule and perform under pressure.
• Strong communication skills in French and English.
• Game industry experience, an asset.
• 8 years of experience required.
EA:It’s in the game.
Please apply online (Req # 16193): www.jobs.ea.com
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please let us know if you found us through mobilewirelessjobs.com!
listing jobs Electronic Arts (EA) MOBILE Montreal Canada
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.