Tatara Systems: Senior Services Engineer, Acton, MA
Senior Services Engineer / Senior Consulting Engineer
Tatara Systems is seeking a Senior Customer Services Engineer to be a leader in the installation and integration of converged mobile solutions. This position requires extensive knowledge of wireless and IP technologies, and customer engagement skills for deployment and installation of complex telco solutions.
Tatara Systems invents, develops, and deploys mobile convergence products for service providers allowing them to offer converged mobile services to their subscribers across the widest base of available end-user devices. Tatara’s Fixed-Mobile Convergence strategy is focused on femtocell convergence as a powerful FMC approach for mobile operators that takes advantage of current cellular handsets to provide improved in-home coverage, lower cost, and provide advanced revenue generating IP-based services via an economical femtocell access point.
This position reports to the Director Customer Operations and will work at Tatara headquarters in Acton, MA. 40% domestic and international travel may be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work closely with customers in the capacity of a senior customer services engineer and be involved in wide a scope of pre and post-sales activities including integration and deployment of trial and production systems. Be involved in customer meetings, solution design, and project management, and play a key role in training and customer support of deployed trials and production solutions.
• As the primary technical interface for solution deployments, you will be responsible for SOW, project management, installation and integration of Tatara-led solutions
• Create statements of work, call flows, detailed project plans and acceptance test plans associated with trial and production deployments
• Provide expert troubleshooting and technical support to customers and partners on deployed Tatara solutions
• Assist in the development and rollout of training materials
• Engage with customers and partners at different levels of technical depth, ranging from system architectures to call flows
• Work closely with the sales team, partners and customers to map proposals into requirements for statements of work
• Work closely with the product development and product management teams to understand the products in depth to be able to articulate to customers/partners and provide feedback into the product development plan of record based on customer requirements with an emphasis on serviceability and new product introduction
• Knowledge of wireless standards in GSM, GPRS/3G, CDMA.
• Knowledge of mobility management, supplementary services, handoff and familiarity with standards such as VCC, UMA, and general 3GPP WLAN is highly desirable
• Knowledge of IP technologies like IPSec, VoIP, and SIP
• Knowledge of IMS standards, deployments
• Prior experience successfully deploying complex systems in a telco environment
• Demonstrated troubleshooting experience in the field and through remote technical support
• Experience developing service related documentation and detailed action plans required to resolve complex technical issues
• Ability to learn new technologies in a fast paced environment and willingness to work in a startup
• Should have excellent oral and written communication skills and experience with developing customer facing technical documentation.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple customer deployments
• Ability to travel up to 40%
• 7-10+ years of experience as a customer engineer in the telecommunications and/or data networking industry.
• Bachelors’ degree in engineering or computer science.
To apply, please send your resume indicating your position of interest and salary requirements to:
Equal Oppty Employer, m/f/d/v.
listing jobs Tatara Systems Acton Massachusetts USA