Tatara Systems: Senior Product Manager, Acton, MA
Senior Product Manager
Tatara Systems is seeking a Senior Product Manager to manage an end-to-end product delivery process from feature definition through deployment of leading-edge Fixed-Mobile Convergence (FMC) products into mobile networks. The PM is responsible for the technical health of Tatara’s Mobile Services Convergence Portfolio. This includes on-going technology assessment and on-going win/loss analysis to better understand the features that are required for improved sales success. Based on market-driven feedback from customers and prospects, the PM will write clear product requirements and work closely with development managers to define the contents and delivery of a product release.
Tatara Systems invents, develops, and deploys mobile convergence products for service providers allowing them to offer converged mobile services to their subscribers across the widest base of available end-user devices. Tatara’s Fixed-Mobile Convergence strategy is focused on femtocell convergence as a powerful FMC approach for mobile operators that takes advantage of current cellular handsets to provide improved in-home coverage, lower cost, and provide advanced revenue generating IP-based services via an economical femtocell access point.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Product Marketing located in Acton, MA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position requires significant technical depth in both wireless and IP technologies and a demonstrated track record of product lifecycle management including development, packaging, positioning and promoting wireless infrastructure products and services. End-to-end responsibility for delivery of a quality end product – including prioritizing features to be added, ensuring requirements handoff to engineering, assisting with tradeoff decisions throughout the development process, monitoring the progress of QA activities and being responsible for the timely delivery of collateral materials.
• Product Management Responsibilities: Manage all aspects of development for existing fixed mobile convergence products from cradle to grave, including: product roadmap, requirements, product life cycle, pricing strategy. market analysis, business case development, P&L Analysis, customer & market research, working with engineering teams, prioritizing feature sets, schedule, and cost tradeoffs.
• Participate in planning next generation features and products by evaluating market, customer, product, and technological needs
• Product Strategy – establish product direction by developing product strategies analyzing potential alliance partners and recommending strategic relationships
• Product Marketing – Develop innovative product marketing programs and show event campaigns, including: sales tools, positioning, white papers, demos, competitive analysis, feature/benefit descriptions, press materials, and product presentations
• Experience launching highly differentiated products through mobile operators.
• Knowledge of wireless standards in CDMA is vital with knowledge of GSM, and UMTS highly desirable. Familiarity with both circuit and packet services in a mobile network, including mobility management.
• Familiarity with standards such as SIP, IPSec, VoIP, and general 3GPP WLAN is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of IMS standards, deployments, and architectures.
• Ability to learn new technologies in a fast paced environment and willingness to work in a startup.
• Should have excellent oral and written communication skills, experience with developing customer presentations and RFP responses.
• Ability to travel up to 30%
• 7-10+ years of experience in product management and marketing of telecommunications infrastructure products. Experience with CDMA products preferred.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in the wireless industry, performing technical sales to carriers and/or OEMs on the core network
• Bachelors’ degree in engineering or computer science.
• Hands on, entrepreneurial and passionate product advocate who can get people inside and outside the organization excited about the product
To apply, please send your resume indicating your position of interest and salary requirements to:
Equal Oppty Employer, m/f/d/v.
listing jobs Tatara Systems Acton Massachusetts USA