Tatara Systems: System Solution Architect, Acton, MA
System / Solution Architect
Tatara Systems is seeking a Solutions Architect to engage with customers and strategic partners to map leading-edge FMC products into mobile networks. This position requires significant technical depth in both wireless and IP technologies and the demonstrated skills to productively engage with technical and business teams to represent company vision and product roadmap leading to solution designs for trial and production deployments.
Tatara Systems invents, develops, and deploys mobile convergence products for service providers allowing them to offer converged mobile services to their subscribers across the widest base of available end-user devices. Tatara’s Fixed-Mobile Convergence strategy is focused on femtocell convergence as a powerful FMC approach for mobile operators that takes advantage of current cellular handsets to provide improved in-home coverage, lower cost, and provide advanced revenue generating IP-based services via an economical femtocell access point.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing and Business Development located in Acton, MA, and functionally to the CTO. Domestic and international travel is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work closely with customers in the capacity of a Solutions Architect and be involved in a wide scope of pre and post-sales activities including customer meetings, technical presentations, RFI / RFP support, and solution design for trial and production deployments.
• Engage with customers and partners at different levels of technical depth, ranging from system architectures to call flows.
• Work closely with the CTO to be able to map vision and products into appropriate customer presentations
• Work closely with the product development and product management teams to understand the products in depth to be able to articulate to customers/partners and provide feedback into the product development plan of record based on customer requirements.
• Participate in the development of customer presentations, RFP responses and provide significant input into technical designs leading up proposals and statements of work
• Develop solutions involving Tatara products working in conjunction with partners in a complex ecosystem
• Develop system and solution architectures to map into mobile networks
• Participate in standards discussions involving 3GPP/2, IETF and quickly come up to speed with new technologies. Map solutions into standards elements.
• Create trial and production acceptance test plans
• Knowledge of wireless standards in GSM, GPRS/3G, CDMA. Familiarity with standards such as VCC, UMA, and general 3GPP WLAN is highly desirable. Knowledge of mobility management, supplementary services, handoff highly desirable.
• Knowledge of IP technologies like IPSec, VoIP, and SIP.
• Knowledge of IMS standards, deployments.
• Ability to learn new technologies in a fast paced environment and willingness to work in a startup.
• Should have excellent oral and written communication skills, experience with developing customer presentations and RFP responses.
• Ability to travel up to 40%
• 7-10+ years of experience as an engineer, system architect or product manager in the telecommunications and/or data networking industry.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in the wireless industry, performing technical sales to carriers and/or OEMs on the core network
• Bachelors’ degree in engineering or computer science.
Wireless Standards: GSM, CDMA, GPR, HLR, VLR, IPSec, SIP, VOIP, IMS deployments, 3GPP WLAN
Customer Facing: Technical presentations (strategic and detailed); Customer Sales presentations,
To apply, please send your resume indicating your position of interest and salary requirements to:
Equal Oppty Employer, m/f/d/v.
listing jobs Tatara Systems Acton Massachusetts USA