Software Architect – Data & Business Intelligence
Fort Worth, TX
As a Data & BI Architect, you will take a pivotal role in bringing the company’s retail applications to market and evolving a world-class BI infrastructure. You will work with the business owners, product managers, and architecture team to ensure the scalability of Handango’s existing technology infrastructure and help build new capabilities from the ground up.
This role is both strategic and hands-on; the right candidate will work with the senior members of the engineering team to drive critical data storage and BI architectural decisions, codify those decisions in detailed technical design documents and, ultimately, scalable physical data systems and BI infrastructure.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a stellar database/BI architect and engineer who has worked extensively with the particular requirements of retailers’ commerce applications. Strong coding and analytical problem solving skills are a necessity.
• Work closely with business owners to capture and analyze business needs and information requirements, define optimum system requirements to meet them and to prioritize and manage new requirements.
• Work with the senior members of the IT team to both help guide the data storage, aggregation, warehousing and analysis architecture direction of the company’s technology infrastructure and gain an intimate understanding of the underlying architecture and technology of existing products
• Develop detailed analysis, design, construction, and testing specifications ensuring technical compatibility and integration including system architecture, ERDs, data flows, object & class diagrams and process models.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams including IT, finance, sales and marketing to ensure that the technical solutions delivered meet the business requirements of the company.
• Ensure users’ effective, accurate, and easy access to data; translate users’ information requirements into “data” and manage the corporate dictionary of object and data definitions.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• 10+ years overall experience in IT applications development or consulting related to IT applications development
• 7+ years of hands-on experience in architecting, designing, and delivering database solutions that support massively scalable web applications and/or enterprise business intelligence, including:
• Experience designing, constructing, and deploying product MS SQL Server 2000 & 2005-based database applications.
• Experience designing and developing with ROLAP/MOLAP/OLAP tools
• Proficiency in business analysis, event modeling, data modeling, logical and physical database design, database optimization, load strategy design and implementation, security and change management.
• Experience designing, implementing, and managing a retail product catalog with strong merchandising components.
• Familiarity with dimensional modeling, decision support and reporting technologies
• Experience in working with object-oriented design and design patterns, particularly integrating with a Java-based backend
• Strong skills in analyzing source system, data flows and delivering best in class data architecture designs.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience with ATG Commerce or other retail commerce technology.
• Experience with Data Integration in an SOA world
• Experience with Data Aggregation/Integration frameworks/platforms
• Experience with Business Objects (Designer and Data Integrator)
• Experience with data modeling tools.
• Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services.
• Experience with search engine configuration, tuning and optimization.
• Experience with data-aspects of user-generated content management (Blogs, Product ratings & reviews, Wiki’s , etc.)
• Experience with a multitude of database and/or data aggregation systems
• Small company and/or startup experience
• Environment (Office, Travel, etc.) – Standard Office Environment
This description is general in nature and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as needed to meet company goals.)
To apply, please send your resume indicating your position of interest and salary requirements to:
Search all Handango.com jobs:
Equal Oppty Employer, m/f/d/v.
listing jobs Handango Fort Worth Texas USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.