Sr. Developer J2EE / AJAX
Fort Worth, TX
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative, and disciplined J2EE / AJAX Front-End Developer to join our Technology team. The Developer will be expected to implement custom application solutions which meet the business requirements. This will include both new software development as well and maintenance and enhancements to existing applications.
The overall responsibilities of the J2EE / AJAX developer position include being able to translate business requirements into application code/logic which will implement the required business functionality. Further the developer will work in close concert with the Technical Architect to ensure that they are following the coding standards throughout the application development lifecycle. Additionally, the Developer will be expected to create and maintain any technical documentation required to facilitate continued maintenance or enhancement of the application by other developers on the team.
The Developer will be expected to build relationships with the other members of the development team that encourage open communication and the sharing of ideas amongst the team. The Developer will also own multiple components within the construction phase of the application, most notable, the presentation layer. This position will be a hands-on coding role where you will work with minimal supervision with cross-departmental resources facilitated by a project manager.
• Interact with business and/or end user community to gather and analyze the technical requirements.
• Lead the Design Phase of the project by providing superior presentation layer technical expertise and direction.
• Manage delivery to the both the functional and non-functional requirements, including performance, scalability, availability, reliability and security.
• Review the requirements for any new functionality or enhancements, assess impact on the project timeline and update the technical documentation for any new requirements which need to be incorporated into the system.
• Be aware of emerging or new technologies/standards in the industry and determine if they are applicable to the project.
• Implement Best Practices.
Drive system architecture and implementation
• Design, develop and modify software systems
• Oversee and ensure project execution, ongoing success and deliverables
• Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
Communicate cross-functionally throughout the organization
• Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design systems and to gather information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, interfaces, and technical feasibility
• Coordinate with other internal SBU(s) on technical resources and dependencies for production push and deadlines
• Coordinate with customer and QA to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
• Report critical information to business owners and across functional groups
Coordinate quality assurance efforts
• Determine system performance standards in cooperation with the Quality Assurance group
• Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
• Develop and direct software system unit testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation
• Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance
Create technology roadmaps that include software and hardware configuration by engaging in continued education, with heavy focus on presentation layer technology.
• Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as costs, and security needs to determine software and hardware configuration
• Learn new skills as required by the management and leadership teams
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree in computer science or related field
• Minimum 6 years experience designing and implementing outstanding custom J2EE/JAVA applications
• Minimum 2 years experience with AJAX presentation technology
• Extensive knowledge of various design patterns.
• Proficiency with the following technologies – JSF, JSP, XML, SQL, SOA, SQL Server, common J2EE App Servers
• Strong knowledge of the SDLC process and the ability to manage/promote it
• Experience with a structured SW development tool
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to determine the feasibility of projects in a fast paced deadline driven environment
• Ability to anticipate problems proactively and take appropriate actions to mitigate negative impact
• Environment (Office, Travel, etc.) – Standard Office Environment
This description is general in nature and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as needed to meet company goals.)
To apply, please send your resume indicating your position of interest and salary requirements to:
Search all Handango.com jobs:
Equal Oppty Employer, m/f/d/v.
listing jobs Handango Fort Worth Texas USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.