Senior Mobile Architect
At Verizon, technological success and career success go hand in hand. Here, our professionals are as energized by meeting team goals as they are in attaining personal ones. The result is an environment that’s exceptionally successful and rewarding. And, as a leader in global communications, your possibilities are limitless.
• Responsibilities associated with the design, support, maintenance, and management of wireless applications running on mobile phones
• Responsibility includes design & development of Verizon wireless client-side systems as a member of the development team in Verizon IT. Responsibilities include high level and detailed design, development, coding, testing and support of wireless applications running on Verizon Wireless cell phones.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Five or more years experience implementing software solutions.
• Minimum 2 yrs. experience in embedded C/C++ development under BREW or J2ME.
• Strong knowledge of Qualcomm’s BREW platform (2.x and 3.x).
• Minimum 5 years C++ development experience.
• Extensive knowledge of embedded and mobile applications & systems, running on memory and input constrained environments
• Excellent debugging and optimization skills.
• Excellent understanding of Object Oriented methodologies
• Strong systems architecture skills and knowledge of multi-tier applications.
• At least 5 years experience in software development and quality assurance practices.
• Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience developing on BREW and J2ME
• Experience with Windows CE or Windows Mobile
To apply, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser:
Thank you for showing an interest in Verizon!
Verizon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. m/f/d/v. Principals only!
listing jobs Verizon Waltham Massachusetts USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.