Verizon: Wireless Application Developer, Waltham, MA
Wireless Application Developer
Collaboration – it’s the force behind Verizon’s success as a global communications leader, and something that you’ll find at work on every level. It’s the key to personal success here, as well. If you thrive in a team environment, you’ll discover there’s no limit to what you can achieve at Verizon.
• Responsibilities associated with the design, support, maintenance, and management of wireless applications running on mobile phones
• Responsibility includes design & development of Verizon wireless client-side systems as a member of the development team in Verizon IT. Responsibilities include development, coding, testing and support of wireless applications running on Verizon Wireless cell phones.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Position requires 3 or more years experience implementing software solutions.
• Candidate must have active experience in all the phases of the software development life cycle.
• Minimum 2 years C and C++ development experience
• Strong knowledge of development techniques in constrained environments (e.g. limited memory, limited bandwidth) using the languages indicated.
• Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience in embedded development optional but desired.
• Experience developing under Qualcomm’s BREW platform
• Strong knowledge of J2ME
• Experience developing on J2ME devices
• Experience with Windows CE or Windows Mobile
To apply, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser:
Thank you for showing an interest in Verizon!
Verizon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. m/f/d/v. Principals only!
listing jobs Verizon Waltham Massachusetts USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.