Company: Virgin Mobile USA
Job Title: SEC Reporting Guru
Location: Warren, NJ
Serious job. Fun company! Virgin Mobile USA!
This position is fully responsible for coordination, preparation and review of all SEC Reporting (10-K, 10-Q, etc.). Also responsible for assessing new SEC / GAAP pronouncements, preparing position papers on impact to VMU and amending reporting processes accordingly.
Here’s what your day to day will look like…
• Handle all aspects of SEC reporting include data gathering, processing and control, drafting, and document filings.
• Liaise and coordinate the reporting calendar with management in compliance with SEC deadlines.
• Assist in the development of internal and external reporting tools to support U.S. GAAP basis financial statements.
• Interface with external independent auditors; coordinate audit schedule.
• Assist in researching accounting pronouncements from the SEC and other regulatory bodies; assess the impact on external reporting.
• Maintain awareness of accounting and financial reporting rules as well as a working knowledge of SEC disclosure and reporting requirements.
• Assist with preparation of audit committee and Board of Directors reporting.
• Participate in Disclosure Committee assessment of what to include in external reports.
Ready to give up your commute to Manhattan? Then you’ll need to show us you have 5 – 7 years relevant experience in public accounting and financial accounting with at least the last 4 spent in an SEC reporting role. Of course you’ll need to have a strong grasp of SEC rules and regulations and U.S. accounting principles, not to mention a CPA!
The technical skills are very important but you’ll also need to interact independently with senior financial management, demonstrate flexibility regarding changing priorities and tight deadlines, analyze and solve problems, present recommendations on accounting issues to management, initiate work as a self-starter, learn quickly, work independently and motivate others.
Join America’s fastest growing youth wireless service. Join Virgin Mobile USA.
About our Team
Being a Virgin company, you can be sure we’re different. Our teams work hard, but we enjoy what we do. We’re always on the lookout for talented performers to add to our team. Joining our company is not for the “faint at heart” we work harder than the average cog at one of those monolithic and slow companies things here happen at the speed of light in a lean and hungry environment that is not a fit for everyone. You should enjoy a faced-paced joint with super-smart people who stop at nothing to provide customers with quality, value, innovation, and edgy fun.
Our competitive pay comes with Annual Bonus; fully vested 401K match; Paid Vacation; Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage; Disability, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance; Health Care, Dependent Care & Transportation FSA. Start your job with a Cool new Virgin Mobile phone and Top up $$ to enjoy the experience. You also get Virgin group benefits like discounts on Virgin Atlantic & Virgin Megastore!
For details and to apply, visit: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=VIRGINMOBILEUSA&cws=1&rid=623
Want to know more? Visit www.virginmobileusa.com
Virgin Mobile USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is eager to hire bright and talented folks of all shapes and sizes.
listing jobs Virgin Mobile Warren New Jersey USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.