Java Swing Developer – Mobile Gaming!
BREW 2007 DEVELOPER AWARD WINNER – Best Entertainment Application: NBA AirPlay Live by AirPlay
Airplay, pioneer in the creation of mobile interactive applications is seeking a Java Swing expert to join our engineering team. We are looking for a talented UI expert with a passion for both UI design and development in a fast-paced startup environment.
• Swing. Knowledgeable in all the different layout schemes.
• JDBC or Hibernate. You’ve written GUI applications that use a backend database and understand how to work with multiple threads within a Swing application.
• Fluency with Java development tools: Ant, Junit, Eclipse, JBuilder, etc. Must have used a variety of different environments and know how to match the tool for the job.
• 5+ years experience building Java based GUI applications, either Swing, AWT, or Eclipse/SWT.
• BS/MS in CS or equivalent.
• A solid understanding of Java & Swing.
• Ability to design UI as well as implement. Understand usability issues and the importance of simplicity. Constantly striving to better understand how users use your products.
• Ability to own features from inception to completion, including working with product management to refine requirements, maintaining internal documentation, and producing unit tests alongside code. You prefer an iterative development style to massive, fixed lists of requirements.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to respond well under pressure.
• Must be a self-started who is comfortable working both individually and as part of a team.
• Experience with managing large volumes of code in multiple branches in source control
Not required, but highly desirable:
• Mobile experience
• Previous experience with web frameworks, particularly Tapestry.
• Good interpretative language skills: python (preferred), or perlPosition Summary:
AirPlay is located in the convenient SOMA area of San Francisco and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including stock options for all eligible employees.
Qualified candidates, please send resume and salary history specifying job title in subject line to: email@example.com.
For consumers, AirPlay delivers a compelling multiplayer game experience based on television’s most popular programs. For instance, in November 2006, AirPlay announced the official launch of its real time interactive professional football game, NFL AirPlay Live, for Sprint subscribers. Joining 200 million cell phones with 110 million TV households, AirPlay brings wireless competition and community to the living room for the first time. For the television industry, AirPlay enhances the viewing experience, increasing audience engagement with live television programming and advertising. Led by a dynamic team of experienced technology executives, AirPlay is backed by QUALCOMM, Motorola, JK&B Capital, ONSET Ventures and Redpoint Ventures. For more information about the company, please go to www.airplay.com.
AirPlay Network, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
listing jobs Airplay San Francisco California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.