Glu Mobile is a leading developer and global publisher of mobile entertainment. Glu’s portfolio of games, ringtones, wallpapers and information applications include both original titles and entertainment based on major brands from Atari, Cartoon Network, Celador International, FOX Sports Interactive, Harrah’s, Hasbro, Microsoft, PlayFirst, PopCap Games, Sega and Twentieth Century Fox. Based in San Mateo, California with offices in Hong Kong, London and Manchester, Glu is funded by top venture firms NEA, BA Venture Partners, Granite Global Ventures, Sienna Ventures and Globespan Capital Partners, and by Time Warner Investments. Recently Glu acquired the UK-based mobile entertainment company iFone, adding SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, MONOPOLY, and ATARI Classics to its portfolio. Consumers can find fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile phones wherever they see the ‘g’ character logo or at www.glu.com.
The product manager is responsible for both product & brand management functions across multiple titles and/or brands. Primary responsibilities include strategic planning, product guidance, marketing plans, partner relations, channel marketing and sales support.
Bachelor’s degree required. Emphasis in business or marketing preferred. MBA a plus.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with Product Development to tailor product design and scope to meet market needs. Create Market Requirement Document.
• Develop and execute marketing plans, including all promotional activities (advertising, web marketing, channel marketing, promotions and more), for multiple products. Work with internal (marketing communications) and external resources (agencies) to execute plans. Track and analyze programs.
• Generate product positioning, unique selling points, key features and competitive analyses. Create Communications Strategies.
• Drive category and product-specific market research (including focus groups, web surveys, market data analysis).
• Provide sales with all necessary information and materials for effective selling of titles. Partner with sales team to maximize carrier support of all titles.
• Execute global launches of selected titles by coordinating with international marketing and development teams.
• Manage licensor relationships to maintain effective communications, gain approvals of marketing materials and maximize co-marketing opportunities.
• Minimum of 3-5 years relevant marketing experience, 2+ years in product management or product marketing preferred. Prefer entertainment experience from mobile, online, or game industries. New product launch experience required.
• Must possess a strong work ethic and enjoy working in an extremely fast paced environment.
• Must possess the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business (i.e., sales, development, administration and marketing).
• Ability to manage multiple tasks unsupervised.
• Experience in a “startup-like” work environment a plus.
• Resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial spirit
• Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Word and MS Outlook
Life at the cutting edge of wireless technology is an exciting but demanding place to be. Our company is always on the look out for exceptionally talented individuals to join our team. We reward talent, creativity and ability to get the job done. If you are interested in mobile technology and want to be part of a team that makes the future of wireless technology happen, we’re for you.
To apply, please send your resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements to: Vicky.firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to each applicant. We will contact you if there is a match. No phone calls, please, Principals Only.
An equal opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
listing jobs Glu Mobile San Mateo California USA
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.