Microsoft: Sr. Product Manager Unified Communications Customer Campaigns, Redmond, WA
Senior Product Manager — Unified Communications Customer Campaigns.
Be part of the exciting team at the center of defining success for the Unified Communications solutions and products. Our team owns and drives the success for the Unified Communications Customer and product campaigns, which market and sell Microsoft’s hot, new solutions for email, unified messaging, enterprise instant messaging, audio/video/web conferencing and Voice over IP Telephony. The products and services are key drivers to Microsoft’s growth and the success of the 2007 Office System, Exchange 2007, Office Communications Server 2007 and Live Meeting. Our team manages campaign strategy and success definition, messaging & positioning, campaign content creation, alignment with IW and Core Infrastructure campaign strategy, and delivering content and materials into all the field and partner channels.
This is a core position in the team, leading FY09 campaign strategy and execution priorities in the A13 regions. This position will work closely with the other campaign and field role owners on the team to drive subsidiary-focused cross-campaign integration. The position offers the opportunity of being in the “center of the ring” for the one of the major launch at MSFT. The opportunities for learning and for making an impact on the business are incredible.
This position specifically manages the strategy and execution to integration Unified Communications into the customer Campaigns targeted at the TDM and BDM Audiences. These include Business Productivity Infrastructure Optimization, Core Infrastructure Optimization, Build Customer Connections, Enable Your Mobile Workforce and Compliance.
Specific responsibilities include
• Recommendation on changes for marketing & sales strategy for UC customer campaign in FY09.
• Conducting primary research on customer perceptions and leveraging MS Sales/Siebel/secondary research on installed base for “Unified Communication” and component workloads (Microsoft and competitor offerings).
• Identifying and evangelizing best practices on sub execution of FY08 UC Campaign.
• Assessing gaps in UC Campaign execution strategy and materials.
• Assessing need for changes to Microsoft’s UC value proposition, based upon 1) customer perception 2) launch of integrated communication & collaboration services offering and 3) Exchange & OCS product roadmap for Wave 13/14. Working with cross-team of Technical product management to modify value proposition and messaging framework for FY09 campaigns.
• Assessing and managing any changes to BPIO UC model for FY09, based upon launch of integrated communication & collaboration services offering.
• Delivering FY09 business plan for UC. Contributing to all up UC/IW WWSMM memo. .
• Recommending & evangelizing key metrics for UC products and services.
• Updating existing UC Campaign BOM and/or delivering new BOM items. .
• Partnering with business teams and subs to recommend FY09 promos and sales incentives.
• Driving & delivering strategy to integrate in Core Infrastructure campaign (H2 FY08 and FY09)
• Evangelizing the use of the BPIO model among UC PSMs, IW SSPs, ATS, UC SSPs and Msg TSPs
• Ensuring UC products/services are well represented in the FY09 BDM campaigns.
• Providing clear cross-campaign (and cross-BG) execution guidance to subs of different sizes.
• Developing and reporting on practical and measurable success metrics to gauge how campaigns are performing in the field
• Influence WWBMO and subsidiaries to create and “programmatize” campaign business management activities
The ideal candidate for this senior marketing role:
• Is a mature field and marketing professional with 7-10 years of product management experience
• Has a strong understand of marketing & sales field needs in EPG and SMS&P. Experience in a MS sub, preferably at the lead level, is highly desirable.
• Is a self-starter who can create and communicate high-impact ideas, clearly prioritize activities and deliverables, and drive multiple projects to completion
• Has a passion for the customer, is a clear and effective presenter and demoer, with the ability to sustain good customer conversations
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, with experience ranging creating customer communications (marcom, lead generation) to delivering presentations to senior managers and customers.
• Strong cross group collaboration and influence skills are must.
• MBA desired.
Interested? Please apply online to: http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=49565A70-8208-4339-8DC6-B83222706DF4&start=1&interval=10&SortCol=DatePosted.
An equal opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.