Vice President, Client Services
San Francisco, CA
Nielsen Mobile, the world’s largest provider of syndicated consumer research to the telecom and mobile media markets, is seeking a Vice President, Client Services. Nielsen Mobile is a fast growing and dynamic group within The Nielsen Company, the world’s largest global market research firm. This position is based at Nielsen Mobile headquarters in San Francisco, California, though location is flexible.
The Vice President, Client Services will report to the Senior Vice President of Client Services. The VP will have responsibility for managing Nielsen Mobile’s relationship with a multi-million dollar, national wireless carrier account. The role is a GM-like position that offers the opportunity to own and grow the partnership with a critical Nielsen Mobile client, help guide product roadmaps and development to meet that client’s needs, and provide thought leadership in helping the client incorporate Nielsen data into their ongoing decision-making processes.
Nielsen Mobile is the leader in researching the convergence of the wireless, wireline, and media companies – this role requires active leadership in helping our clients understand how consumers are behaving amidst this rapidly changing set of choices.
• Growing revenue through sales of incremental products and price increases on annual renewals
• Developing a large set of relationships at CxO, VP, and Director levels within the client organization to support growing the business and increasing the value of currently purchased data to their business
• Working with the clients to incorporate Nielsen syndicated information into their performance management, offer and promotion development, advertising, device selection and network build-out, data and voice product development, customer service, distribution, and other processes.
• Leading client service activities, including training and support, as well as addressing data quality challenges, for a broad group of end-users within the client organization;
• Managing a dedicated team of 4-5 analysts and account managers;
• Developing a comprehensive and achievable three year strategic plan for the account
• Discovering and qualifying new product development opportunities;
The successful candidate we seek will have 12+ years work experience. He/she has ideally worked in the wireless/telecom industry, in management consulting and/or research roles, and has earned an M.B.A. This person works well in an entrepreneurial environment with other highly driven colleagues and possesses a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves approach to working with data. In addition, he/she will possess the following:
• A solid understanding of the wireless or telecom services market in several domains – marketing, product development, network operations, technology evolution, finance, competitive dynamics;
• Successful track record with a top-tier management consulting firm, serving technology (preferably wireless industry) clients; Consumer packaged goods experience is a plus.
• General management experience and maturity in working with clients in emotionally charged, high profile environments;
• An ability to assess client needs effectively and address needs through new products and services;
• A proven track record delivering on or exceeding revenue goals;
• Strong skills in constructing and delivering senior level client presentations and ”telling the story” using data;
• Strong quantitative skills with experience in data analysis
• An ability to lead a team of professionals to reach and exceed goals.
To apply, please send your resume, indicating position of interest and salary requirements, to:
An equal opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.