Program Manager – Mobile Applications (L61)
It’s innovative. It’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s core product development for Microsoft in Europe. Check us out at www.joinmicrosofteurope.com to see a complete list of our job openings.
Microsoft is looking for a highly motivated Senior Program Manager with a creative, inquisitive, and explorative mind who is passionate about shipping quality software.
Program managers often come from a technical background and are expected to come up with creative and innovative approaches to meeting customer requirements.
Join us to become an integral part of Microsoft’s “Mobile” and “Live” strategy. As part of our Dublin-based Global Product Development team, you will be driving the delivery of features and services for mobile phones.
We are building key features for social networking, communications platform, commercialization, and other areas. You and your team will be responsible for all aspects of product feature development including design, development, and quality.
You should have a passion for designing and developing end to end experiences on the mobile phone and be enthusiastic about a hands-on leadership role operating in an agile environment. You will have the opportunity to deliver technology and services to a global audience. You will work closely with Microsoft teams in the US and around the world.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic and technically challenging start-up environment, while making a significant impact in an area with huge business value for Microsoft.
• At least 4 years of experience designing, implementing, and shipping complex software applications
• Recent programming experience (last 3-5 years) in C, C++, C#, or Java
• Aptitude in designing high-quality software functionality, both UI and systems/back-end
• Great blend of technology background, passion to learn, and customer focus
• Energy and desire to deliver high-quality software on aggressive schedules (minor releases every 3-6 months, major releases within 12-18 months)
• Willingness to travel (up to 5 times a year)
• A proven track record of shipping on time and at a very high quality level
• Strong English verbal and written communication skills
• A university computer science degree or equivalent
Other experience that would be a plus for this position:
• Knowledge of Windows Mobile or other mobile development platforms
• Knowledge of client/server protocols, internet servers, mobile technology, or Web 2.0 technologies (social networking, IM, etc.)
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Indirect or direct people-management experience (team or organization)
• Experience with distributed project management and working with remote teams
• Post-graduate degree in computer science or equivalent field
Interested? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job #910004.
An equal opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.