Windows Mobile Application Developer
Mountain View, CA
Skyfire is changing the mobile browsing game. Let us know if you want to be part of something disruptive and big.
• We’re changing the way people use their mobile phones
• We’re breaking technology barriers
• We’re building a stellar team
Skyfire is an exciting venture-backed innovator in mobile web browsing and we’re on a mission to dramatically improve the browsing experience on mobile phones.
Skyfire is the industry’s only mobile browser that delivers both the speed and media-rich experience similar to the PC browser. For the first time, you can access and interact with any web site built with any web technology. We mean any web technology – Flash, Ajax, QuickTime, Java – an industry first.
Skyfire takes work seriously and fun seriously as well.
Skyfire recently launched its private beta for the Windows Mobile phones in the U.S. We have a huge demand for the beta and a very engaged user base. We will introduce a version for Symbian smartphones in the coming months and other platforms and geographies are on the product roadmap too.
We’re looking for the best and brightest software people with a passion for technology that changes people’s lives. Help us shape the future of mobile browsing and contact us today.
Don’t take our word for it:
• “Game changing” – Sean Cooper, Engadget
• “An iPhone-worthy browser” – Ed Baig, USA Today
• “Skyfire topples the iPhone’s Safari browser’s supremacy” – Eric Zeman, Information Week
• “Skyfire could represent the future of mobile web browsing” – James Allan Miller, SmartPhone Today
Skyfire is looking for a Mobile Application Developer to join our growing team! This is a terrific opportunity to participate in the development of an application platform to deliver rich media web services to millions of mobile customers.
• Design and develop Skyfire’s cross platform mobile application to support Windows Mobile.
• Collaborate with external teams to port the application layers to various devices and other open mobile operating systems .
• Utilize and evangelize best of breed programming techniques including design patterns, re-usable and modular development.
• Demonstrated track record of developing, shipping and supporting application/services on mobile devices
• Demonstrated and consistent track record as a significant contributor through the development career
• Ability to quickly master new technologies and push the envelope for performance and reliability
• Defensive coding ability accompanies with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• In-depth debugging skills; ability to reach out and use team strengths to solve problems|
• Good sense of humor and can-do spirit
• 3-5 years experience in mobile application development in C++ on Windows Mobile platform. .
• Demonstrable use of object oriented development, application frameworks, memory management, file I/O, network & socket programming, concurrency and multi-threading.
• Experience with Industry standards and device porting knowledge is very desirable.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant discipline and experience
• DOE Plus Stock
• Location: Mountain View, CA (Downtown-Castro Street)
To see Skyfire in action, check out our web site: www.skyfire.com
To apply, please send resume with cover letter, indicating salary requirements and position of interest, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line of email must read Windows Mobile Application Developer – MobileWirelessJobs.
Equal Oppty Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.