FAA Safety Engineer – Systems Engineer II
Hunt Valley, MD
Responsible for performing Functional Hazard Assessments (FHA), System Safety Hazard Analyses (SSHA), Safety Compliance Assessments (SCA), System Safety Assessments (SSA) and preparing the associated reports and documentation on existing and new programs. Assist in development of certification plans and processes to meet the emerging UAV system regulatory requirements and to obtain certification of AAI UAV systems. Participate in the UAV systems engineering and design process to incorporate appropriate levels of safety and compatibility with good Human Factor design practices. Coordinate System Safety Working Group (SSWG). Provide support to Aviation Systems Safety Engineer on safety program necessary to achieve certification of unmanned air vehicles by the FAA, US DOD and foreign aviation regulatory agencies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
• Must have minimum of 4 years engineering experience with at least 1 year experience in safety engineering performing duties described above in manned or unmanned aviation.
• Must have working knowledge of: FAA and / or DOD aviation safety regulations; MIL-STD-882D; DO-178B.
• Good written and verbal communication skills a must.
• Good interpersonal skills required.
• Self starter, results oriented individual desired. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products Suite including Word, Power Point, Excel and Access.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with, or capable of maintaining, a U.S. Security clearance.
• Additional FAA and safety certifications desired.
• Experience with human factors engineering, unmanned air vehicle development or operational experience a plus, but not required.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter, indicating salary requirements and position of interest, to: http://www.aaicorp.com/hr/emplopp.htm
AAI Info: http://www.aaicorp.com/AboutUs/aboutus.html
Textron Info: http://www.textron.com/about/company/index.jsp
Subject line of email must read Tracking Code: 4481-1200/MobileWirelessJobs.
Equal Oppty Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.