International Business Development – Mobile Payments
IDT, an International Telecommunications company based in Newark, NJ is looking for a Director, International Business Development – Mobile Payments for its New Technologies department.
IDT is launching an innovative mobile payment solution that caters to both emerging and established markets. IDT is seeking a candidate to develop markets for our mobile payments products throughout the world.
The Director of International Business Development – Mobile Payments will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Scan potential markets and identify business opportunities utilizing various resources for research and analysis. Keep abreast of industry and regulatory trends in many prospective countries.
• Study international markets in order to obtain in-depth knowledge of the financial industry in each targeted country to determine how to deploy a mobile payment solution. Travel to each potential market as needed. Interface with legal council during research and due diligence analysis.
• Call on senior executives at large financial services and government institutions in various countries to establish strategic relationships. Utilizing knowledge of the particular international market to present to senior executives the value/benefit of IDT’s mobile payment products to the customer’s portfolio.
• Assist in closing/finalizing deals with new customers or may be assigned to close deal independently.
• Regularly present findings and recommendations regarding new markets/opportunities to senior management.
• Assist with market entry strategy formulation, implementation plans and associated business plans as necessary.
• Develop a network of credible information sources, including regulators, trade associations, consultants, academics, attorneys, etc.
• Support international brand awareness by occasionally writing articles and making presentations at conferences.
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication (oral & written) and presentation skills to influence and persuade executive level decision makers.
• Ability to compile market information and present in concise, clear manner.
• Strong ability to sell, educate and negotiate.
• Highly developed creativity, ingenuity and drive, in order to develop new markets.
• Strong knowledge of financial industry and how it impacts potential mobile payment solutions across international markets.
• General knowledge of international business concepts and practices.
• Foreign language skills, highly desired. (Spanish)
• Bachelor’s degree and 8 to 10 years of related experience or a Master’s with 5+ years of related experience.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter, indicating salary requirements and position of interest, to:
Subject line of email must read Int’l BD Mobile Payments/MobileWirelessJobs.
IDT offers extensive benefits including comprehensive Health and Medical plans; Health and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement; matching 401K; Transit and Parking Spending Account; Gym; pool, and cafeteria on-site. Free Parking in company garage.
Penn Station – Newark is a 20 min. ride from Penn Station-NYC and our building is accessible by a Light Rail connection within Penn Station (9 min.- ride). Visit us at www.idt.net
Equal Oppty Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.