AAI Corporation: Systems Engineer IV, Huntsville, AL
Systems Engineer IV
A seasoned professional, performs engineering assignments requiring independent evaluation, selection, and application of standard engineering techniques procedures, and criteria using judgment and ingenuity in making adaptations and modifications. Candidate should be able to develop a complete system architecture from and incomplete set of requirements through engineering analysis and team development with the customer. Provides direct, on-site support to the government’s Joint Technology Center, Systems Integration Lab (JTC SIL) in a highly visible, collaborative government/contractor work environment. Reports directly to an AAI Huntsville engineering lead. Plans for and/or participates in Hardware/Software Integration (HSI) with moderate risk or a portion of integration for high-risk programs. Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices but includes a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements and difficult coordination requirements. May supervise and/or conduct internal research and development projects to include material, hardware, software and electronics tests. Performs research, concept design, requirements analysis, including interpretation and decomposition of product requirements, and system design with moderate risk or a number of small programs with low risk. Provides expert knowledge of design standards and best practices for development. Represents the technical specialty in customer meetings, telephone contacts. May generate schedules and personnel requirements for a large portion of a project or for an entire project with moderate technical risks.
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or directly related discipline.
• Advanced degree desired.
• 9+ years of engineering experience or equivalent.
• Experience with projects in the C4ISR&T world and preferable at least 3 years working in a leadership position on unmanned systems, aircraft systems, or computerized control stations.
• US Citizen with ability to obtain a US DoD security clearance.
• Travel may be required on occasion.
• Demonstrated ability to succeed in a demanding, high profile systems engineering position requiring customer focus and adaptability.
• Design experience in an engineering trade, preferably software development, systems engineering, electrical engineering, or aerospace engineering.
• Personal computer skills (e.g., word processing, spread sheet, presentation graphics).
• Ability to operate test equipment.
• Effective written, oral and non-verbal (listening) communication skills.
• Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems, evaluate progress and results on project(s), and recommend changes to process.
• Effective ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
• Must be able to analyze existing systems for future enhancements.
• Ability to diagnose system issues through troubleshooting and research.
• Ability to prepare specifications and resolve difficult coordination requirements, follow conventional engineering practices, lead process studies, prototyping efforts and research investigations.
• Systems engineering and architecture development background.
• System level design knowledge of mechanical, electrical, aerospace, computer and software systems.
• Design, integration and test experience at the systems level.
• Multi-engineering discipline knowledge.
• Mathematical modeling and algorithm development including development of simulations.
• Experience on unmanned systems, aircraft systems, computerized control stations and military ground vehicle integration.
• Experience with requirements management tools such as DOORS and architecture modeling tools such as Rational Rose.
• Experience with advanced computer system architectures, airworthiness evaluations and design, UNIX/VME based systems, Blade Server Systems, Virtual OS Environments, Windows operating systems, ground to air and air to air data link technologies.
• Knowledge of standards such as STANAG 4586.
• Familiarity with the SEI’s CMM, CMMI or equivalent process standards.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter, indicating salary requirements and position of interest, to: http://www.aaicorp.com/hr/emplopp.htm
AAI Info: http://www.aaicorp.com/AboutUs/aboutus.html
Textron Info: http://www.textron.com/about/company/index.jsp
Subject line of email must read Tracking Code: 4712/MobileWirelessJobs.
Equal Oppty Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.