AAI Corporation: Systems Project Engineer IV, Hunt Valley, MD
Systems Project Engineer IV
Hunt Valley, MD
Provide engineering development team management and technical oversight for ground control station projects and proposals for unmanned aircraft systems. Initial assignment will be as project engineer on a next generation unmanned aircraft ground control station project. Future assignments will be provided by the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Director of Systems Engineering.
Duties will include: technical planning, scheduling, labor estimating, coordination of engineering teams, achieving project schedule commitments, generating variance report, developing and reviewing estimates to complete, achieving project cost commitments, meeting technical requirements, monitoring risk management and performing technical monitoring and control.
Candidate will manage systems engineers to accomplish tasks such as: developing concepts of operation, requirements management, architecture development, interpretation and decomposition of requirements, derivation and allocation of system or subsystem requirements to hardware and software elements of the systems design. Candidate will be responsible for developing and allocating work packages to various engineering groups such as: electrical hardware engineering, mechanical hardware engineering, software, integration, test and logistics. Candidate will occasionally develop work packages for and manage subcontractors.
• Bachelor degree in engineering or directly related discipline.
• Requires nine years of systems engineering experience or equivalent academic, and/or engineering management experience.
• Requires an understanding of system level architecture top down design and bottom up analysis of ground control equipment involving mechanical, electrical, RF communications, computer, information assurance and software systems.
• Knowledge and experience with scheduling, cost estimating, and earned value management (EVMS) required.
• Proven effective written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Effective ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
• Four years of experience leading groups of 3 or more systems engineers.
• Must be a US citizen and must be able to obtain a SECRET US security clearance.
• Occasional travel (0 to 20%) to customers, supplier, users and test locations required.
• Masters degree in technical or management disciplines is desired.
• Experience with unmanned systems, aircraft systems, computerized control stations, and military ground vehicle integration desired.
• Familiarity with DoD C4ISR environments, including certification and test requirements desired.
• Experience with MS Office, MS Project, DoDAF (i.e. System Architect), UML and requirements traceability management (RTM) tools (i.e. DOORS) desired.
• STANAG 4586 experience a plus.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter, indicating salary requirements and position of interest, to: http://www.aaicorp.com/hr/emplopp.htm
AAI Info: http://www.aaicorp.com/AboutUs/aboutus.html
Textron Info: http://www.textron.com/about/company/index.jsp
Subject line of email must read Tracking Code: 4462-1200/MobileWirelessJobs.
Equal Oppty Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.