Senior PHP Software Engineer
Fotochatter, a fast paced growing start-up in mobile social networking based in Venice, CA, is seeking a Senior PHP Software Engineer to take charge of backend server development and contribute to making it faster, more robust and scaling it to the next level. This position is for a highly talented hardworking individual looking to grow with the company.
Reporting to the Chief Software Architect, the Senior PHP Software Engineer will be responsible for developing the core software components of the Fotochatter platform including distributed image processing, messaging infrastructure, XML based APIs, and connectivity to other networks.
Fotochatter is one of the earliest and best-established mobile social networking companies. Founded in 2006, Fotochatter has real customers, real revenues, and real knowledge about how to succeed in the increasingly competitive mobile space. The company has just closed a round of financing and is looking to take the business to the next level.
Fotochatter offers a competitive salary, stock options and benefits package, plus the excitement of helping the company break through to the next level of success and growth.
• 5+ years of server side development in PHP/MySQL or comparable database.
• Excellent PHP coding skills. Great ability to develop defensive and bulletproof code.
• Experience developing software under a PHP framework such as Zend or Symphony.
• Ability to debug a large and complex live system under heavy traffic load.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• You will be working with a highly qualified team and you must be able to keep up with our pace and help increase it.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Experience developing and scaling architectures to deal with a high volume of traffic.
• This involves having experience scaling and load balancing Apache and MySQL.
• Experience with Memcache is a plus.
• Experience with data modeling and writing MySQL stored procedures
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Technical management experience working with distributed teams located in various time-zones
• Masters Degree in Computer Science or similar field experience
• Develop the core software components of the Fotochatter platform in the PHP language using software engineering best practices and OO design patterns.
• Build the core OO software infrastructure to support a variety of social networking, mobile, and media driven applications.
• Work with other developers, system architects, and system administrators to lay out the physical architecture of the Fotochatter platform
• Work with other engineers and the DBA to define the data model for new functionality
• Provide guidance to developers with complex SQL statements and store procedures
• Coordinate database changes with developers to ensure a successful build
• Collaborate with cross-functional team-members in Sales, Marketing and Production
• Create analysis and design documents and coordinate development, testing, debugging, deployment, documentation and training.
• Very competitive salary with benefits; full health coverage; and attractive stock options
To apply, please send resume with cover letter, indicating salary requirements and position of interest, to: email@example.com
Equal Oppty Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.