T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network, and the quality of our service are meant to do one thing; help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That’s why we’re here.
Product / Service Design Engineer, Product Development / Service Architecture
As a part of T-Mobile’s Product Development group be a part of the team responsible for our new mobile phone client/server architectures which allow rapid prototyping, quicker time to market, easier software application development and customer driven innovation.
Major areas of responsibility include the following:
• Define requirements for GSM/3G data/voice services and related platforms and infrastructure elements
• Define specifications for handsets/handset clients to support new services
• Partner and work with Engineering and IT in order to develop and roll out new services.
• Work with vendors in order to define product architecture as well as product requirements.
• Recommend new technology directions in extensive collaboration and interaction with other development teams such as UI designers, mobile requirements SMEs, software vendors, and handset OEMs.
• Define strategic direction for product roadmap across a broad range of handset technologies including Open OS/Android, Java Virtual Machine, OMA SynchML DM and DS, Presence, etc.
• Develop and document concisely written requirements and use-cases.
• Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture concepts.
• Understanding of XCAP/XDMS/RESTful APIs, as well as SOAP/WSDL.
• Good understanding of GSM/GPRS client/server architecture, supplementary services, SMS, MMS, and WAP.
• Understanding of IMS/SIP, JSR116
• Knowledge of Mobile Internet Standardization. OMA, IETF & 3GPP.
• Effective planning and resource management of technology projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Knowledge of development life cycle management.
• 3 plus years experience in mobile or software development industries.
• Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment.
• MS or BS in Telecommunications Engineering, EE, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
T-Mobile USA offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, mobile phone and service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking – not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
For more information, please visit: www.tmobile.jobs and reference Req # 200438.
T-Mobile is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.