T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network, and the quality of our service are meant to do one thing; help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That’s why we’re here.
T-Mobile wishes to recruit software developers with experience in programming for mobile or CE devices. The successful candidate will join the device development team and get a unique opportunity to shape the future of T-Mobile’s device portfolio. We currently have the following position available in Bellevue, WA:
Major areas of responsibility include the following:
• Rapid prototyping of mobile applications in cooperation with marketing and product development teams
• Development of User Interfaces for mobile devices
• Development of client software for messaging and web-based applications
• Application pre-testing, porting and integration in extensive collaboration and interaction with other development teams such as UI designers, mobile requirements SMEs, software vendors and handset OEMs
• Cooperation with Hardware teams regarding software porting and testing
• Scouting of mobile applications market in the search of new innovative applications, software concepts and mobile technologies
• Passion for improving and perfecting mobile devices and mobile services
• 5-plus years’ experience in mobile Java programming; experience in programming for Android a plus
• Experience in managing or participating in open source software development projects
• Familiarity with Flash Flash/Light, Windows Mobile, Symbian
• Knowledge of Mobile Internet Standardization. OMA, IETF and 3GPP
• Knowledge of development life cycle management and tools (version control, documentation)
• Familiarity with software architecture (embedded or open OS) for mobile and consumer electronics devices
• Familiarity with client server technologies and mobile networks: EDGE, UMTS, SMS, MMS, IMS, location and SynchML presence
• Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
• Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• MS or BS in Telecommunications Engineering, EE, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Proven ability to lead a team a plus
T-Mobile USA offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, mobile phone and service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking – not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
For more information, please visit: www.tmobile.jobs and reference 200145.
T-Mobile is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.