T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network, and the quality of our service are meant to do one thing; help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That’s why we’re here. We currently have the following position available in Bellevue, WA:
Mobile Software Developer (Products)
Product Development / Enabling Technologies
As a part of T-Mobile’s Product Development group, be a part of the team responsible for programming for our new next generation mobile platforms which allow rapid prototyping, quicker time to market, easier software application development and customer driven innovation.
In addition to working with Product Development and Marketing on rapid development of mobile applications, you will design and build rich graphical user interfaces for mobile devices and develop software to bring services such as messaging and the web to consumer handsets. You will collaborate with UI designers, mobile product SMEs, software vendors and handset OEMs on application pre-testing, porting and integration.
Major areas of responsibility include the following:
• Design and implement software applications for the flexible Next Generation mobile platform.
• Support handset OEMs in the integration, test and evaluation of Next Generation mobile platform applications. Perform acceptance testing procedures.
• Develop and document software design specifications.
• Act as SME and Next Generation platform point of contact for application development.
• Assist with requirements gathering and analysis for future generation mobile software platforms.
• Design and implement application solutions that bring to life T-Mobile’s brand promise such as MyFaves.
• Passion and drive for building world-class applications with rich “wow” GUIs.
• Solid ability to write modular object-oriented or well-structured procedural code.
• Minimum 3-4 years experience with Flash ActionScript 1.x or 2.x required. Experience with FlashLite highly preferred.
• Experience with C/C++, Java, J2ME a plus.
• Familiarity with the Android development SDK and platform a plus.
• Please note that this is a software developer position, NOT a graphics design position.
• Understanding of embedded software architecture for consumer electronics devices.
• Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) management. Familiarity with formal SDLC methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, RUP) a plus.
• Familiarity with build/release processes and software source code control systems a plus.
• Experience in mobile or software development industries preferred.
• Some familiarity with GSM/GPRS client/server architecture, supplementary services, SMS, MMS, and WAP, a plus.
• Understanding of the capabilities of low MIPS processors (ARM 7, ARM9, ARM11) using real time operating systems a plus.
• Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced, highly-interactive, and constantly changing work environment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of computer graphics rendering and algorithms a plus.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, EE, or equivalent experience required.
T-Mobile USA offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, mobile phone and service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking – not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
For more information, please visit: www.tmobile.jobs and reference Req # 200482.
T-Mobile is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.