Company: Best Buy
Job Title: Director, Connect Operations
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Best Buy is working to operationalize and launch a new set of wireless data subscription service offerings to address three key issues:
• Provide a better customer experience
• Drive profitability
• Maintain competitive market position (price, promotion, bundled service offerings)
Best Buy hopes to extend its capabilities in areas including Geek Squad and Reward Zone to create unique and compelling wireless service offerings. It is the expectation of Best Buy that these new capabilities will allow it’s associates in all channels to service our customers end to end.
In addition to providing for a better customer experience, Best Buy intends to have more control over and be able to create better economics for our business.
Whereas mobile voice services are considered to be pervasive, mobile data offerings are growing and expected to grow at double digit rates over the next few years. Beyond computing devices such as laptops, notebooks, and MIDs, mobile connectivity is forecasted to extend to virtually all consumer electronics devices including gaming platforms, imaging devices, navigation solutions and others.
The Director, Connect Operations will be responsible for leading a team of direct and matrix employees in the implementation, launch and on-going operations of the Connect business within Best Buy. Oversee matrix teams running 3 rd Party MSP implementation, and key operations support areas including ECC, Geek Squad, Logistics, Billing and Finance.
Direct report functions will include Carrier Management/Integration, MSP Management/Integration, and Billing Operations .
• Lead integration teams for MSP and Carrier Services.
• On-going management and oversight of legal and regulatory considerations from an operational compliance perspective.
• Lead monthly Steering Committee meetings for Connect program implementation and management.
• Work with marketing and Connect product teams to ensure operational support capabilities of Connect platform.
• Work cross functionally with merchant teams to ensure business process and value proposition alignment with support capabilities.
• Work across CDS to ensure operation support of go-to-market strategies for Laptop Mobile Broadband and End-to-End connected services.
• Act as primary POC for all operational areas of the business including ECC, Geek Squad, Reward Zone, Finance Operations and IT Operations.
• Cross-functional coordination and ability to create shared point of view among cross-functional/matrix partners.
• Bachelors Degree
• 10 or more years of experience / knowledge in the mobile communications marketplace
• 5 or more years of operations background with demonstrated experience in operations program management of wireless service offering
• 3 or more years of experience in developing and launching and integrating a services billing capability for wireless service offering
• 5 or more years of financial analysis skills to develop pricing models based on industry analysis
• 5 or more years of experience in general management leading and developing people
To learn more and apply directly, please reference MobileWirelessJobs and the job title in the subject line by sending an email including an MS Word resume with salary requirements, to email@example.com or apply online via our Career Center at http://www.bestbuy-jobs.com/job/Director,-Connect-Operations-Job/503541/
An Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.