Company: Frog Design
Job Title: Application Architect
Location: San Francisco, CA
frog design is a global innovation firm.
We work with the world’s leading companies, helping them create and bring to market meaningful products, services, and experiences. Our multidisciplinary process reveals valuable consumer and market insights and inspires lasting, humanizing solutions. With a team of more than 400 designers, technologists, strategists, and analysts, we deliver fully convergent experiences that span multiple technologies, platforms, and media. We work across a broad spectrum of industries, including consumer electronics, telecommunications, healthcare, media, education, finance, retail, and fashion. Our clients include Disney, GE, HP, Logitech, Microsoft, MTV, Seagate, Yahoo! and others.
Founded in 1969, frog is headquartered in San Francisco, with studios in Austin, New York, San Jose, Seattle, Milan, Amsterdam, Stuttgart, and Shanghai.
frog design is looking for a talented Application Architect to run offshore application development for a mobile application that’s part of a larger development effort of a suite of mobile applications.
Candidate will act as the application owner for implementation of specific applications.
• Link the local design team with the offshore development team
• Lead tasks throughout the project lifecycle
• Serve as the primary technical contact for relevant application(s)
• Participate in project scoping and estimation tasks
• Provide architecture/service/solution recommendations
• Collect design specifications and transmit data to offshore teams
• Provide architectural design and documentation for offshore team and client
• Work with offshore leads and technical teams to manage application development
• Manage requirements and schedule for application development
• Verify application output
• Track and report bugs
• Walk application code through QA, client review, etc
• Ensuring architectural alignment with other applications in suite
Offshore resources are in India. Candidate must be available to handle some level of weekly video/phone/IM meetings considering the time-zone shift.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Experience translating design/requirements into mobile applications
• 2+ years professional experience with mobile
• Experience with successfully shipped applications
• Experience with modeling tools
• Experience with distributed teams
• Experience and training in Agile software development methodologies
• Strong written/oral communication skills
• Key technologies used: Qualcomm uiOne, BREW, Symbian (UIQ or Nokia Series 60), Microsoft Windows Mobile, C programming
• Related technologies: Palm OS, iPhone, J2ME, Android
Candidates MUST be able to work on-site in our San Francisco studio. This position is a 3-6 month contract with possibility to convert to fulltime in the future.
To apply, please email your resume in PDF format along with salary requirements to:
An Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.