Search Firm: Electronic Search
Job Title: Development Manager
Location: Calgary, AB Canada
Our client is a leading provider of precise GPS devices as well as components such as GPS antennas and GPS receivers. We are looking for a Development Manager run all engineering and product development activities for a specific product line.
Leadership of the growing Product Development group, ensuring the team achieves world-class performance as measured by exceeding market expectations and “time-to-market” goals. The Development Manager runs all engineering and product development activities and acts in partnership with a dedicated Product Marketing Manager to assure group success as measured by revenues, margins, quality and delivery.
• Accountable for defining and achieving engineering and product development objectives, including agreement of key features, product quality, timely introduction and cost
• Responsible for providing leadership of the product development activities which includes performance management and people development to support key engineering competencies and group growth
• Responsible for developing and implementing the group’s key strategies that support current and future business needs, with coordination between other development groups as necessary
– organization structure
– internal versus external resource management
– low cost, “consumer-minded” platform evolution and effective re-use
– technology requirements, development and, as appropriate, creation
• Accountable for delivering effective continuous improvement of cycle times, product quality and development cost, and developing, tracking and improving relevant performance metrics
• Responsible for general administration of the group including budgeting, staffing and communications
Key metrics include product quality, as measured by product return rates, customer issues, stop ships, and new product issues; time-to-market for new products, as measured by meeting committed FCS (First Customer Shipment) dates, and by competitive benchmarking of similar product developments; and schedule and budget variance against plan.
• You have a relevant university degree (Master’s preferred), along with a minimum of 10 years of product development experience in a high-technology environment, 5 of which includes leading a multi-functional engineering team involved in high volume, low cost consumer-type product development.
If you are interested in this role or know someone who please forward resumes to email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.