Harris Stratex Networks: WiMax Solutions Marketing Manager, Raleigh, NC
Company: Harris Stratex Networks
Job Title: WiMax Solutions Marketing Manager
Location: Raleigh, NC
Harris Stratex Networks is the world’s largest independent supplier of wireless transmission systems. We’ve earned a strong global market presence through a broad, innovative portfolio of wireless transmission and network management products, solutions and services.
We offer dynamic career opportunities to bright people who can help us continue to grow. We have a variety of challenging positions in the fields of Accounting, Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, Manufacturing, Sales, Services and support functions. And we offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. See what we have to offer.
Currently, we are seeking a WiMax Solutions Marketing Manager for our Morrisville, NC (just outside of Raleigh, NC) office:
• Owner of the WiMAX Solutions marketing plan and strategy.
• Definition and verification of complete WiMAX systems that add value to the core product portfolio through strategic partnerships.
• Establish cross organizational relationships with Engineering, PLM, Strategic Sourcing/Supply Chain, Field Services, Legal, and Sales to enable smooth hand over and management of partner solutions through life-cycle management from definition to exit.
• Focus on key account/customer retention.
• Be the problem solving champion for Partner solution related account issues.
• Support the field to ensure sales opportunities are turned into orders.
• Work with Corporate Marketing/Marcoms team to ensure sales tools and collateral are available to support the recommended partner solutions offering.
• Provide bid strategy support. For selected strategically important bids, provide bid presentation assistance using innovative concepts in co-ordination with Corporate/Marcoms resources.
• Act as the field facing agent for Product Line Management and Engineering groups.
• Ensure sales sectors are trained on the product solution offering recommendations, availability and system tools.
• Assist in development of high margin/value add opportunities, particularly when sales resources are inadequate or inadequately trained.
• Works cross-functionality within the Sales, Engineering, and Operations Organizations, as well as with executive staff.
• Maintain a solid understanding of short term and long term market product requirements, technology and pricing trends.
• Collect product requirements information from the field to generate new product solution requirements and guide development priorities.
• Promote and develop opportunities through product trials and testing regimes, through co-ordination between account demand and Global Regulatory, Test & Trials group.
• Communication – Updates to sectors on product offering, issues, and bulletins, in conjunction with Regional Product Marketing every 4-6 weeks
• Communication –Sector based Product updates and Training every 6 months
• Communication – Generate customer facing bulletins and Customer letters as required. In co-ordination with Product Line Management communicate all product changes, availability issues, problems, and relevant information to Sales, Customers, Suppliers, and all internal and external organizations, as required and appropriate.
• Communication – Weekly management reporting on Progress, Problems, Opportunities, and Plans.
• Support Engineering issues resolution by providing customer priorities, assigning issue ‘show stopper’ status and communicating known issues to customers
• Provide inputs into relevant product collateral, such as datasheets, brochures, case studies, application notes, presentations.
• Work with Sales and when appropriate Customers, to develop applications, white papers and testimonials that address customer needs and assist in product promotion.
applications (CCNA, etc) would be considered an advantage.
• A relevant tertiary qualification is essential for this position, i.e. bachelor degree or equivalent in communications, technology, marketing, or business.
• A master’s degree such as an MBA is preferred but not essential.
• A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in world-wide communications technology and marketing is essential for this role.
• A minimum of 5 years experience working with WiMAX technologies such as Base Stations, ASN Gateways, and CSN components
• A minimum of 5 years experience working in the microwave or other wireless transmission field is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in IP communications technology and technical marketing is essential for this role.
• Experience working in or with mobile operators in a technical or advisory role is preferred.
This position requires the following skills and competencies:
• Strong motivation.
• Ability to work cross-functionally.
• Moderate knowledge of IP networking technologies such as routing, MPLS, QoS, VLANs, and Traffic Engineering.
• Strong understanding of WiMAX wireless standards such as 802.16d and 802.16e
• Basic understanding of TDM-based technologies
• Basic to moderate understanding of technologies involved in 3GPP and 3GGP2 mobile networks
• Strong technical skills & expertise, ideally in microwave or telecommunications.
• International market and Customer interaction experience
• Ability to manage multiple projects and issues, simultaneously.
• Strong inter-personal communications skills.
• Supervisory experience.
• Detail Oriented
• Good Accounting/Financial Skills
• Excellent Customer/Issue Management skills
• A genuine desire and drive the products success and implement the goals of Harris Stratex Networks.
To apply online, please visit our Career Center at:
An Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.