Search Firm: Silver Key Headhunters
Job Title: Manager of Product Development
Location: San Francisco, CA
Our client is looking for an entrepreneurial Manager of Product Development to help us build next-generation technology for a new mobile experience. The client is a well-funded start-up backed by Tier-1 VCs and founded by technology veterans, so this is a great time to join and make a large impact on our technical strategy. This role reports to the CTO / Co-Founder.
This is a highly technical position. You should be comfortable with coding on a daily basis, as well as having direct input on architectural decisions.
You should be comfortable with managing teams of at least 10 personnel in developing new technologies in a start-up environment. You should have a track record of delivering high quality solutions within the projected deadlines, and have demonstrated leadership. You prefer fast and responsive start-up environments, and the responsibility that comes with leading and managing the product development team.
• Able to contribute code, as well as learn and work with existing code.
• Do peer and group code reviews, as well as design and document reviews.
• Document the design in terms of functional and design level specifications based on product requirements.
• Hire, manage, and motivate a team of A+ engineers.
• Establish a high standard for quality, and be accountable for managing all projects through the full software lifecycle – concept, prototype, build, test, deploy, and measure.
• Earn the trust of your team and the company by applying integrity, intelligence, verbal agility, domain knowledge, and planning skills to consistently deliver high quality solutions.
• Establish short- and long-term technical vision, project plans, and policies.
• Create budgets and resource allocation for the engineering teams that consistently produce on- time, high quality solutions.
• MS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
• Experience with building and deploying consumer-facing mobile device and software platforms.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in software development.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in managing product development teams.
• A track record of successful individual achievement, as well as team achievement.
• Successful deployment of mobile solutions and distributed solutions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of overcoming the technical challenges associated with large-scale consumer technology products.
• Outstanding communication skills and a track record of achieving success in a dynamic environment.
• Strong team work ethic, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Technical Skill Requirements:
•Development experience with a focus on high performance n-tier Java-based servers.
• Significant hands-on experience with multi-threaded programming and practices.
• Very good knowledge and understanding of presentation, web, business and data access layers and their inter and intra communication.
• In-depth experience with Core Java Technology, Java Frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring, and web application development with Servlet, XML and HTML.
• In-depth experience with HTTP, open source, XML, XML schema technologies.
• Experience with LAMP stacks and most of J2EE stack including JDBC, EJB, JMX, JMS, JNDI, JCA (JAXP, JAXB and JAAS would be a plus).
• Experience with Web services technologies such as SOAP, XML/RPC or REST.
• Working knowledge of application servers such as JBoss, Weblogic and Servlet containers such as Tomcat.
• Experience building data based applications using JDBC and database technologies such as MySQL and Oracle.
• Knowledge of SyncML and related Mobile technologies.
• Knowledge of protocols such as SSL/TLS, SNMP, LDAP.
• Knowledge of Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) infrastructure and Single Sign-on.
To apply, please send your MS Word resume including salary requirements to:
Mike Lee, CEO/Founder
Silver Key Headhunters
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.