Research In Motion: Reliability Specialist, Waterloo, ON
Employer: Research In Motion
Job Title: Reliability Specialist
Location: Waterloo, ON – CANADA
Research In Motion is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. RIM’s portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies include the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the BlackBerry smartphone product line, software development tools, radio-modems and software/hardware licensing agreements. For more information, visit www.rim.com.
Achieving reliability and robustness of BlackBerry designs is an integral part of Research in Motion product development activities. The Reliability Group is growing and is an active and close partner with design and manufacturing departments. The Reliability Specialist is a key component of this team, by providing in-depth knowledge and practical application of reliability techniques that help prevent, remove or reduce the risk of field failure. This spans analysis of conceptual and early prototype design, developmental testing, product qualification and in-service monitoring.
The successful candidate will develop research and development of innovative methods to achieve continuous improvement in reliability analysis and testing. Such analysis and testing will encompass mechanical, electronic and RF features. The incumbent will develop and apply statistical methods for the design of experiments and the analysis of test and in-service data, and will write clear reports and make recommendations based on this analysis. The Specialist will work closely with engineering design groups on reliability aspects of new product introduction and with manufacturing for continued product assurance.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum Master’s degree or equivalent knowledge in Reliability Engineering
• Proficiency and theoretical knowledge in reliability analysis methods (e.g. Physics of failure, FMEA, Fault Tree)
• Proficiency and theoretical knowledge of reliability life testing procedures (e.g. HALT; vibration; shock; thermal cycling)
• Proficiency and theoretical knowledge of data analysis (e.g. Weibull)
• Good knowledge of mechanical and electrical properties of materials and electronic assemblies.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Excellent analytical and presentation skills
To apply, please send your MS Word resume or CV, including salary requirements to:
©2009 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion®, SureType® and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.