ESPN Mobile: Director of Product Management, New York, NY
Company: ESPN Mobile
Position: Director, Product Management, Mobile Applications
Location: New York, NY
ESPN Mobile is seeking a Director of Product Management who will be responsible for product planning, project management and product development of ESPN’s mobile applications portfolio.
This is an excellent opportunity for an avid sports fan with product management and leadership skills to play a key role in shaping the future of ESPN’s leading mobile applications and games business. The right candidate will be a thought leader with a demonstrable track record of successfully conceptualizing, launching and managing high quality products in a consumer-oriented company.
This role requires a team player who is well versed in the mobile applications and games space, organized, detail oriented and able to deliver results on-time and within budget. It also requires the candidate to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external teams – vendors, business development, sales, marketing, programming, production, engineering and more to ensure product, revenue and satisfaction goals are met.
• Develop a product strategy and roadmap for mobile applications and games
• Develop a business case and ROI justification for investment in new products or upgrades to existing applications/games
• Drive all aspects of the product development lifecycle including ideation, planning/scoping, requirements definition, design, development, testing/QA, launch, customer care support and analytics/reporting
• Communicate the mobile applications and games strategy and roadmap to Senior Executives within the company as well as other interested departments
• Develop best practices for mobile application development and work closely with other ESPN groups that develop mobile products to implement these best practices
• Help lead the evaluation of third party partners and actively participate in business negotiations
• Help manage relationships with operators, OEMs, content partners and sponsors, and lead discussions with our Affiliate and Ad Sales organizations
• Oversee the development of detailed timelines and project plans for initiatives and actively manage issues, risks and cross-functional communication
• Help manage product development budget for mobile applications and games, and lead revenue forecast development
• In a fast-moving and dynamic space, generate and evangelize new ideas based on new product and technology trends
• BS degree in computer science, business, Engineering or equivalent is required; MBA preferred
• 6+ years as a product manager on successful digital media products (web, mobile)
• Demonstrated success launching high quality mobile products in a consumer-oriented company; experience on high end mobile platforms such as iPhone, Android a big plus
• Excellent understanding of great mobile user experience (UE, UX) and how it’s enabled by underlying technology
• Strong understanding of and ability to apply advances in web and native platform technologies to new opportunities
• Excellent project management skills and experience managing multiple, large date-driven projects simultaneously
• Results-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Understanding of software architecture and experience working through the full software development lifecycle
• Highly motivated strategic thinker; strong technical background a plus
ESPN, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
To apply click here
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.