LightSpeed Human Capital Management: Wireless Technical Support Expert, Walnut Creek, CA
Search Firm: LightSpeed Human Capital Management (www.wirelessxfactor.com)
Job Title: Wireless Technical Support Expert
Location: Walnut Creek, CA or New Jersey
The Technical Support Experts (TSE) is an essential part of our client’s deployment and Customer Support team.
The TSE is responsible for the Technical Set Up, Installation and Configuration. The deployment is within a complex and challenging networking environment n the mobile network. The TSE is responsible also for the technical support on customer site, or by mentoring and debugging deployments remotely.
The TSE should also handle incidents, problems and improvements for the on going technical SLA support on site or remotely, according to the need.
The TSE is a results driven person capable of working independently in analyzing and debugging various challenging conditions in the mobile network or within a team to resolve time critical deployment and production issues.
Duties and Principal Activities
• Proficient in UNIX/Linux System Administration, a must
• Highly Knowledgeable in TCP/IP networking, a must
• Familiar in mobile network technologies including l3-7 switching and load balancing, redundancy (A/P, A/A) and high performance systems
• Knowledgeable in customer support processes, tooling and troubleshooting.
• Familiar with the following protocols: HTTP, FTP, NTP.
• Knowledge of application servers, Weblogic/Jboss is an advantage
• Knowledge of Oracle and/or MySQL administration an advantage
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
• Contributes significantly to customer satisfaction
• Interfaces with the customer and project manager to complete assigned task
• Responsible for opening lines of communication, monitors customer problems, and ensures effective resolution
• Communicate effectively with customers and peers
• Produce written documents related to their work
• Identify appropriate internal and/or external resources to solve problems
• Contribute to weekly meetings
• Effectively escalate through appropriate channels – “knows how to make things happen”
• Education: 4 year technical degree, Computer Science preferred
• Relevant Experience: 5+ years
• Management Skills: N/A
• An advantage will be given to candidates that worked for Venturi, Byte Mobile, F5, Cisco
• Travel up to-50%
• Provide “on-call” service periodically
To apply, please send your MS Word resume including salary requirements to:
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.