LightSpeed Human Capital Management: Systems Engineer, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Search Firm: LightSpeed Human Capital Management (www.wirelessxfactor.com)
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Our client, a rapidly growing provider of service quality assurance testing and monitoring solutions for new IP communications, is seeking a Systems Engineer to support the sales growth and our client’s presence in the South-East Asia territory for Next Generation Service Assurance solutions
Our client’s product portfolio represents a truly comprehensive set of monitoring surveillance and analysis technologies for Mobile Broadband (MBB), Next Generation Networks (NGN), SS7/Sigtran Signaling, VoD/IPTV, and IP Core for telecom networks.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with a moderate amount of sales and consultancy experience in Circuit & Packet Switched network domains and good understanding of mobile core network technologies. The candidate will support the Regional Sales Director to qualify opportunities, conduct demonstrations, propose solutions to customers, and after deployment of our client’s solutions into customer carrier network, provide consultancy for high level technologies and applications support.
This position reports to the Regional Sales Director, South-East Asia. The candidate will reside in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and travel 70%.
The Systems Engineer will be fully trained in our client’s product line and be trained and supported to operate as our client’s SME in this rapidly growing territory. As a pre-Sales and post-Sales technical resource, working within a global team of sales, marketing and engineering professionals, the Systems Engineer will present solutions to customers with the goal of securing business, and provide technical consultancy services to established accounts with the goal of ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
• Qualify sales opportunities and determine technical fit for our client’s solutions.
• Develop answers to RFP-style requests and ensure the final bid proposal can be technically delivered in a timely and profitable manner.
• Field demonstrations of our client’s products – Organize, manage, and execute on-site customer evaluations of Our client’s portfolio of Service Assurance products.
• As SME and Technical Consultant provide diagnostic and trouble shooting of telecom networks, and provide customers information and analysis of results generated by Our client’s systems and products
• Document product problems and feature requests, communicate them internally and work with a global engineering team for resolution.
• BS Engineering – preferably Computer Science or Telecommunications
• 3+ years telco industry as technical consultant, sales engineer or technical support
• Knowledge of telecom protocols, networks and topologies including 2G, 2.5G & 3G mobile technologies, TDM, SS7, IP, Mobile Broadband (MBB) and NGN.
• Must know equipment architecture and deployment approach of main vendors including Nokia Siemens Networks, Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent and Huawei with ability to describe the entire processes from authentication, location and mobility, messaging, calling and data exchange.
• Strong and proven knowledge of 2G, 3G mobile voice and data procedures including Radio Access Network, Circuit and Packet Switching domains, and signaling core.
• Programming experience in Visual Basic would be an advantage
• Proven ability to work independently without significant supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Energetic and dynamic team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels and most importantly willing to learn new technologies
To apply, please send your MS Word resume including salary requirements to:
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.