Search Firm: LightSpeed Human Capital Management (www.wirelessxfactor.com)
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Modena, Italy
Our client is rapidly growing and aggressively expanding its product portfolio of 3G/4G Service Assurance products into global markets. With 300 employees worldwide, they are growing revenue at double digit rates and have achieved market leadership in Service Assurance technologies for next generation IP communications.
Our client has multiple openings for Technical Support Engineers to provide pre- and post-sales support for their Test and Measurement products and Service Assurance Analytics in 3G/4G networks – mobile, mobile broadband, Mobile core and SS7 Core monitoring, and IP Video service provider networks.
• Act as subject-matter expert (SME) on our client’s Service Assurance products and serve as authoritative consultant to customers and partners
• Problem reporting, escalation, replication, and resolution management
• Troubleshoot technical issues and problems using analytical methods to identify root cause. Problem analysis and data gathering including packet trace in support of escalated issues
• High level of direct customer interaction, often working independently with customers
• Manage customer escalations and be an active member of the corporate escalation team
• Prioritize incoming issues as well as being able to resolve time-critical situations reliably & professionally
• Write technical notes and knowledgebase entries
• A strong focus on customer satisfaction and improving existing processes and programs a must. This position will collaborate with Development, Sales, and Implementation Services.
• 5+ years experience in technical support role, working in the telecommunications space.
• Outstanding customer service attitude with excellent communication, organization, and telephone technical support skills is an absolute must
• Proven ability to work as part of a team with a total commitment to customer service/satisfaction
• Demonstrated track record of taking ownership of projects and improving processes to improve the customer experience with Technical Support
• Debugging complex systems and proven ability to make rapid technical assessments along with a track record of technical problem resolution
• Knowledge of Layer 1 & 2 protocols and related standards including TCP/IP, Ethernet, LAN, WAN, and IP routers
• Knowledge of VoIP architectures and Layer 7 Application protocols and associated standards: SIP, H.323, IMS, MGCP, Megaco (H.248) and SS7 Core (ISUP, MAP, CAMEL)
• Experience with Network troubleshooting and analysis tools (Wireshark/Ethereal etc.) Hammer product training a plus
• Relational database experience – a plus
• Proficient in Linux/Unix
• University degree CIS, or Telecommunications, or Systems Engineering
• Excellent communication skills – Fluent in Italian and English languages
• Valid passport
Product training will occur both in Italy and USA. Success in this position leads to a career path in 3G and 4G carrier network infrastructure technical support and sales or deployment of our client’s products into carriers and enterprise.
To apply, please send your MS Word resume including salary requirements to:
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.