LightSpeed Human Capital Management: Director Product Management, Sunnyvale, CA
Search Firm: LightSpeed Human Capital Management (www.wirelessxfactor.com)
Job Title: Director Product Management
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Acting as a part of a small team in a growing and exciting startup, the Director is responsible for in depth understanding of the assigned market, including customer needs, competition and technology – both our client and their eco-system partners. The Director drives product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, which include: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the features, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to first achieve executive buy-in for a product, and then be the champion to ensure the product is launched and supported across the company, and ultimately our client’s achieves success in the market. The Director’s job includes significant field sales and customer interaction.
The Director is expected to:
• Act as a champion within the company for mobile carrier customer requirements
• Take overall feature specification & implementation responsibility for Mobile Carrier products and additional assigned products
• Act as spokesperson and interface to prospect/customers for headquarters briefings and other first/key interactions between our client and their prospects.
• Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
• Recommend list pricing, with accompanying competitive and margin analysis
• Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
• Lead/drive product positioning, go-to-market activities, and sales training
• Be an expert with respect to the competition
• Act as a leader within the company
Required experience and knowledge
• Minimum of 3 years experience as a Product Manager, and total of 5 years in a role involving networking
• Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products for the mobile carrier market
• Minimum of two year experience with wireless products, including some exposure to WiFi technology, but background in licensed wireless products acceptable.
• In-depth knowledge of mobile carrier (MNOs) networks and architecture, familiarity with 3GPP/3GPP2 specifications, Mobile Packet Core, GGSN/SGSN, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree, with an advanced technical or business degree desirable.
• Technical background, with experience in networking, wireless preferred
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Proven ability to work in a fast-changing environment
• Must be able to travel 25% of the time
• Examples and at least one sample of an effective document delivered in the past
To apply, please send your MS Word resume including salary requirements to:
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.