LightSpeed Human Capital Management: 4G Solutions Architect , Bedford, MA
Search Firm: LightSpeed Human Capital Management (www.wirelessxfactor.com)
Job Title: 4G Solutions Architect
Location: Bedford, MA
Our client seeks an experienced Solutions Architect to engage with some of the world’s largest service providers – Tier 1 carrier network operators and Multi Service Operators implementing 4G mobile broadband networks. The Solution Architect will act as consultative, trusted advisor to create Service Assurance solutions, balancing goals of quality, feasibility, cost-effectiveness for customers and profitability for company.
Reporting to the VP of Product Management, and contributing as a senior member of the CTO office, the Solutions Architect will assimilate customer requirements, create solutions, assemble costs, and participate in business case analysis. As the primary interface with Sales and Product Management, the Solutions Architect is responsible for being the thought leader on Mobile Broadband 4G networks, is solutions focused, and will be the product expert who fully understands the risks and opportunities of NGN Service Assurance solutions.
The Solutions Architect is an individual contributor, who will travel frequently (50%+) predominantly in the Americas, to engage with customers and participate in technical symposiums. The position is based in Bedford, MA.
The Solutions Architect will be involved in wide scope of pre-sales and post-sales activities including customer meetings, technical presentations, RFI / RFP support, and solution design for trial and production deployments.
• Technology Leadership: Mobile Broadband architecture and roadmap presentation to customers, channel and business partners
• System Requirements Gathering: Review customer business requirements as developed by sales and sales engineering. Clarify ambiguous requirements with sales or clients, ensuring the solution resolves underlying customer issues. Interacts with Sales, Sales Engineers, Product Management, Professional Services and Customers on large deals for specific products with a high level of complexity.
• Solution Development, Estimating, & Planning: Analyze customer business needs and develop multi-phase, multiyear solutions based on knowledge of customer networks capabilities and performance requirements. Develop total cost, risk, and implementation models with Product Management, Sales and R&D.
• Systems Architecture: Convert customer requirements into a solution architecture that fits into carrier 4G networks requiring the creation of custom software for use between the target system and existing systems.
• Project Management: Work with customers and Services group to ensure successful deployment of projects.
• Technologies: Maintain advanced knowledge of Next-generation architectures and technologies such as MBB, LTE, RAN, SS7, VoIP, IMS and 3GPP, 3GPP2 standards and provide thought leadership to R&D regarding Service Assurance solutions requirements
The Solutions Architect must possess deep pockets of technical knowledge as well as a broad understanding of industry dynamics, many technologies and approaches. The SA must demonstrate a track record and the capability to understand the business problem, effective communications and can normally create a solution that hurdles many obstacles to achieve a mutually accepted notion of success in terms of high performance solutions.
• Technical Knowledge: Expert understanding of 2G, 3G, 4G networks and 3GPP and 3GPP2, standards. Must have experience with Tier 1 carrier networks at expert level. Expert understanding of technical terminology related to Service Assurance products and services.
• Communication: Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to build relationships over the phone. Must be able to independently develop relationships and communicate with high level customer technical staff.
• Problem Solving: Expert problem solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues. Must demonstrate the ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Must demonstrate the ability to extract hidden or unrealized customer requirements and gain consensus on these requirements with the customer. Must demonstrate creative solution development.
• Work Style: Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to build strong team relationship and easily transfer technical information. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, including projects created by other team members. Must be very detail oriented and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy.
• 10+ years of experience as an architect or product manager in the telecommunications industry
• 7+ years of relevant experience in the wireless industry, performing technical sales to carriers and/or OEMs on the core network
• Advanced educational degree in engineering or computer science
Candidates must be authorized to work in USA
To apply, please send your MS Word resume including salary requirements to:
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.