Company: Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
Title: Sr. Process Plant Automation Technician
Location: Phoenix, AZ
The Sr. Process Plant Automation Technician in the Mine Radio and Instrumentation Department will be responsible for installations and maintenance of technical and communication devices on mobile mining equipment as well as the 2-way communication and MESH systems for the entire site. Responsibilities also include installation and maintenance of solar devices and generators utilized to power various systems. Current systems include Motorola analog and digital 2-way communication devices, Motorola MESH, Jigsaw, Dispatch, CAES, GPS, DSS, Matrikon, TyreSense, TPMS, and FSM.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets on four continents, with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. As a core value, we pledge to continuously improve in meeting our commitment to work in the most safe, inclusive, environmentally and socially responsible manner practicable. Safety and health initiatives, both on and off the job, are a critically important investment in our employees.
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals seeking a challenging, exciting and rewarding work environment for a company that supplies the world with metals that will sustain and expand economies and build infrastructure in developing nations. A world of opportunities is available to individuals who share in our commitments.
• Under minimal supervision, provides technical knowledge and guidance for designated interface groups
• Provides installation, diagnostics, repair and reliability of industrial control systems and equipment
• Interface between staff engineers, external technical representatives, operations, and maintenance personnel
• Experience with control system maintenance and associated project development/implementation
• Provides installation, diagnostics, repair and reliability of industrial control equipment (i.e. instrumentation, industrial communications, DCS, HMI, PLC, PC interface, and third party equipment)
• Actively participates in safety and environmental programs and other programs determined by management
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED
• Completion of an approved electrical / instrumentation certification program and/or minimum of five (5) years electrical / instrumentation repair and maintenance in an industrial setting
• Completion of designated internal certification program within one year of hire
• Experience in SCADA, HMI / PLC or DCS based control systems
• Strong technical knowledge in communication, interfaces and protocols
• Ability to read, understand and apply information from technical manuals, prints, and schematics for trouble shooting and repair
• Valid State Drivers License
• Effective written and verbal communication skills to satisfy training, safety, and electronic message transmission policies of the company
• Ability to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts and both scheduled and unscheduled overtime as business needs dictate
• Able to perform the essential functions of the job at the time of the job offer with or without reasonable accommodations
• RF 2-WAY Radio Technology
• Motion Metrics Systems
• Understand, Troubleshoot and Repairs of high / low precision GPS systems
• Experience with portable Solar power systems
• Experience in wireless communications (Computer dispatching, MESH)
• Understand, Troubleshoot, and Repairs on portable generators (up to 20Kw)
Criteria/Conditions (specific background and skills):
• Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
• Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
• Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety foot wear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and other protective equipment as required
Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold promotes a drug / alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
In order to receive full consideration for an interview, candidates must include all experience on their resume that indicates they have successfully met all the minimum requirements listed in this posting.
To apply, please apply online to:
Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.