Search Firm: Electronic Search
Job Title: RF Engineer – Contract to Hire – ID#5156
Location: Philadelphia, PA or Trenton, NJ
Our client is a consulting company specializing in providing RF Engineering and other network engineering to wireless operators and government entities.
Electronic Search is seeking an RF Engineer for our client to write specifications as well as design, optimize and test. This is a Contract to Permanent Hire position.
The RF Engineer will:
• Create RF Designs for new Wireless and Public Safety communication networks
• Utilize propagation model to review existing and potential sites
• Prepare search areas, RF link budgets and antenna system design
• Develop and review Wireless site frequency plan assignments and handoff neighbor lists
• Test Potential Sites and prepare analysis of drive data
• Perform Acceptance Test Procedures on new Radio Base Sites
• Troubleshoot System Problems
• Modify and set System Parameters
• Review System performance and traffic statistics
• Recommend changes as required
• Perform system level troubleshooting and problem resolution
• Travel 10%
• BSEE required, MSEE preferred.
• The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years RF Engineering experience for either the cellular or public safety wireless markets
• Experience with RF Propagation Software Tools
• Drive test tools (test transmitter, RF measurement such as Invex or Berkley)
• Familiar with Technology & Standards such as CDMA, EVDO, GSM, LTE, HSPDA, EDGE, P25, EDACS
• Interference and intermodulation
• RF Safety Analysis and testing
• Ability to monitor audio quality of Wireless calls
• Computer Software: MS Office Apps, MapInfo, MS Access
• Spectrum Analyzer, watt meter
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
• Technical writing experience
• Valid Drivers License
• Hourly rate during contract period, 50 – 75K for permanent hire
If you are interested in this role or know someone who please forward resumes to email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.