Search Firm: Electronic Search
Job Title: Handset Technical Approval Engineer ID#5175
Location: Austin, TX
Our client is a leading Handset provider and they are in need of a Technical Approval Engineer. The position is located in Austin, TX.
Electronic Search is seeking a Handset Technical Approval Engineer for our client.
• Planning: Have proven experience with the AT&T wireless terminal development and testing community. All support process of device testing and approval i.e.: Review of operators testing requirements and match with performance specs of proposed device, align device operating systems, device applications, software calibration/loading, trouble shoot issues and resolve within the operating protocols of the device. Social Network Media integration and communication to engineering groups as required. Develop, document, train, execute cross-functional task as it relates to on-time device launches as it relates to Technical Approval (TA). Schedule and maintain test plans with AT&T and required vendors per device.
• Manage Testing Approval Process: Provide direction and support the TA complete process of each device and in-line with launch schedule. Manage testing process, validation process, certification process compatibility concerns, product launch events, and manage multiple reports in relation to the TA department. Manage the AT&T testing process, procedures, timelines, documents including but not limited to; 10776, 17650, 13340, 13289, 15536, 14782, 14892, 16411, 13340. Understand AT&T device classifications including but not limited to; MV1, MV2, MV3, MV4 with HW, SW, DSP, Mechanical and Acoustic measurements. Manage AT&T SEMC requirements and all Regulatory testing certifications including but not limited to; TTY, HAC, IEEE1725/1625, FCC, SAR, R&TTE (EMC/ESD, Spectrum, Safety), PTCRB, CTIA, OTA, BTQ. Have a high level of Creativity, efficient processes; execute tasks, trouble shoot issues and manage to resolve
• Customer Support: Streamline. Manage day to day communication with AT&T’s product testing group, 3rd party testing labs and all internal departments with the goal of achieving an on-time TA. Manage all communication as it relates to product testing/homologation process before, during and after the launch responsible for the direct communication to the customer, internal support teams and external testing/network vendors. Establish quality auditing process to better enhance testing process to the end customer/operator. Support sales activities, client relations, coordinate all pre-sales technical support for client, visit onsite product testing activities, tradeshows. Sync and align local US Team with global support to deliver a defined process to manage on time TA cycles/product launches.
• A complete understanding of entire eco system of mobile device homologation process, technical acceptance, commercialization device requirements, industry certifications, lab testing management, field testing, network validation, drive test, trace logs, network testing equipment, network optimization and all pre-production quality standards of the US Market and AT&T Wireless.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in related field
• Engineering, Technical experience in related field, Product Development, Software Development, Mobile Phone Operating System’s and 3rd party integration
• Must be professional, accessible and flexible to the changing needs of the department, Must work well in a solo team environment, capable of handling fast paced situations, self starter, organized and manages time well.
• Excellent Customer Service, verbal and written communication skills, quality commitment, strong interpersonal skills and adaptability. Willing to grow and keep pace within wireless industry.
• Portfolio of projects completed within other OEM’S and Operators around the US Market
• Must be proficient in the Microsoft office suite of tools including: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook also be able to use understand and maintain mobile phone related software.
• Positive Attitude and a pleasant customer service experience, A great work ethic and the ability to multi-task while remaining detail oriented and organized, punctual
• Established relationships within AT&T engineering, product development, product management, network validation, testing/approval departments and approved AT&T certification labs required
• Expertise – Engineering, Technical Expertise, Product Test Planning, Product Management, Technical Acceptance process and Field Support
• Education – Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
• Job Type – Full Time
• Locale – Report to Irvine, CA but work remote in Austin, TX near AT&T Lab
• Preferred Language – English and Spanish (a plus)
• 100 – 120K
If you are interested in this role or know someone who please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs when responding.