Position: Director, Mobile Applications
Location: Dallas, TX
Novation is the industry’s leading health care contracting services company that delivers unmatched savings and value to the members of VHA and University HealthSystem Consortium (UHC, two national health care alliances that service more than 2,400 health care organizations nationwide. By combining scale and agility with clinical and product expertise, Novation offers the most extensive range of advanced contracting services.
Novation currently seeks a Director, Mobile Applications for its Dallas, TX office. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Strategy & Product Development and provides direction and oversight for the strategy, development, implementation and management of mobile platform based analytics products and services designed to maintain a competitive advantage for Novation and alliance members.
• Develop and execute the mobile platform strategy and mobile product portfolio roadmap
• Serve as a content expert and source of mobile platform and software as a service (SaaS) knowledge relative to data and analytics including providing environmental assessment on emerging trends, competitive intelligence, product comparison, product positioning and alternative business approaches
• Drive adoption of mobile devices both internally and externally through training, tips, tricks and recommendation of best apps for given activities
• Coordinate and collaborate with IDS Vice Presidents, Novation business units and the alliances to identify supply chain data product mobile application needs
• Provide financial modeling to determine potential business impact and market effectiveness of new mobile product and services offerings
• Identify and direct the development of innovative, hospital-facing mobile products and services that support the business strategy and maximize corporate performance
• Ensure all mobile products deployed to target markets are compliant with market requirements (e.g. regulatory, confidentiality requirements)
• Drive and manage all aspects of the mobile products lifecycle, including user needs collection, strategy development, product requirements definition, marketing plan development and enhancement / release planning
• Direct efforts of both internal and external development (e.g. third party service providers / consultants) activity to meet deadlines and budget requirements
• Set and track key performance indicators. Monitor routine metrics as well as identify and measure the impact of new features and enhancements
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems, business or related degree required. MBA or post-graduate degree preferred
• Deep understanding of the mobile industry and a minimum 3 years of mobile product and platform experience, specifically mobile web and iOS (iPhone, iPad)
• Technical understanding of the web formats, feed types, media types and a general understanding of how the various elements of digital products work together
• Conceptual familiarity of mobile networks, carrier environments, messaging protocols, and application development environment
• Demonstrated ability to gather user and business requirements and translate them into a successful product vision
• Experience in translating users business needs into technical requirements
• Proven ability to prioritize feature releases based on business and customer impact / demand and organize them into a product roadmap
• Strategic product portfolio management experience and a demonstrated ability to define, prioritize, model and deliver best in class mobile products and features
• Strong analytical skills a must with experience in setting key performance indicators, goal-metrics and reporting
• Experience in developing and leading technical teams
• Demonstrated success in working collaboratively within a matrixed environment and ensuring the alignment of multiple stakeholders’ needs
• Familiarity with agile development methodology
• Effective use of online collaboration tools for maximum team efficiency
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in communicating technical elements to both technical and non-technical people
Novation does offer a competitive benefits package.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Please reference MobileWirelessJobs.com when responding.